Am I alone in hating hot weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
This is great loving it.Sorts the men from the boys.

Must admit I was going to cheat and buy an aircon unit but as we only have hot weather for four days a year is it worth it?

Last edited:

User269

Man up, try being a Blacksmith in this weather

What's a Blacksmith?

Ciar

Veteran
I am another of the 25 degree crew it's around my limit, as for sweating i sweat during the winter commutes so you can imagine what i am like currently :evil: looking forward to the commute this evening!

Another one here who isn't so keen once it's up above 25C. I love summer weather, but there's just right and then there's "I'm melting"...

Fortunately house is shaded by trees, so it's not as hot as it could be. My neighbour's bungalow is in full sun and it's at least 10 degrees hotter in his place than in mine. Chez Casa Reynard it's 25 degrees downstairs and 28 upstairs.

johnnyb47

Guru
Its been a hot few days. I've booked this week off from work and cycled 70 miles on Monday across Wales. The sweat was pouring off me. The foam pads in my bike helmet were that saturated in the stuff, it was becoming a pain in the backside as it dropped into my eyes making them sting.On Tuesday night it was that hot in my dad house I ended up sleeping out side on his sunlonger on his sunterrace. It's right on the edge of the beach and was nice and cool with the sea breezes.. Today I made the return journey of 70 miles and wasn't looking forward to it after hearing it was going to be hotter still. I set off this morning at 7 while it was a little cooler to avoid the mid day sun. It was comfortable cycling weather up until around 10 then the temp started to rise drastically. I didn't wear my bike helmet on the way back in vein to get a cooling breeze over my head. You could feel the heat difference between the old road surface and the new blackened tarmac. The new stuff was radiating the heat out like crazy and felt horrible to ride over. Plenty of drinking water and stops on the way home, and a dip in a shallow river I found on a secluded Snowdonia pass was lovely.
It was hard going but thoroughly enjoyable. Would it do it again? Absolutely! :-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have ridden in temperatures over 30c in the Cape Argus race but you start at dawn and I carried two bottles with electrolyte tabs in them. On the first two years I got bad cramp but by year 3 I had either got fitter or got the water supply sorted so I didn't suffer cramp.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm in Mallorca right now, sunny, lovely hreeze, pool, best of all air conditioned hotel. Renting bikes for the next two days for pottering, no mountains!!

I cycled at the weekend and Monday at home, too hot, 26 here, perfect. Going to get up to 35 by Sunday though

Lonestar

Veteran
I have ridden in temperatures over 30c in the Cape Argus race but you start at dawn and I carried two bottles with electrolyte tabs in them. On the first two years I got bad cramp but by year 3 I had either got fitter or got the water supply sorted so I didn't suffer cramp.

So have I on holiday but it's less fun after getting up for work at 3am and cycling home in the heat of the afternoon...but I did improve after the shock of the first day.

Top Bottom