Am I alone in hating hot weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have to travel to hot sweaty countries for my job so why on earth would I want to be hot and sweaty at home as well? I can't sleep at night, work is a pain (more than usual anyway) with no AC and free time at home is not enjoyable. Cycling just makes me sweat. Mrs Gti craves a hot holiday so now she's booked a week in Mallorca in July, with cycling thrown in as a bribe for me to tolerate the heat but I fear it's going to be too hot even for cycling unless we go out very early or very late.

Bring on the cooler weather that's forecast for later this week, I can't wait.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Man up, try being a Blacksmith in this weather

byegad

Legendary Member
Same here, I'm not good over 25C and prefer it nearer 10C. It's the fact that the slightest effort results in me sweating gallons. However having ridden in 30+C temperatures while on holiday in France, it's not too bad while you are moving. But the moment I stop all my, up until then, dry clothing becomes soaked.

Last edited:
Yes.
This :sun: is fab.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's not just you. The highways departments around here aren't keen on it. They've had to send out the gritters! http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...orries-deployed-soaring-temperatures-13212112

I can't sleep at night, work is a pain (more than usual anyway) with no AC and free time at home is not enjoyable.
Who needs AC? Just keep the blinds closed on the sunny side of the building and windows open full on the shaded side to generate a good breeze. If your blinds are inside the windows, open the window vents or leave them ajar.

Cycling just makes me sweat.
Bimbling is cooler, freewheeling as much as possible and keeping your power output low to try to keep heat output low... which reminds me of a question I wanted to post...

no - however - I cycled in 34° + for most of yesterday - maxed out over 36° in the shade - against a southerly that was like one of those hot air paint strippers -was 29° at 11 o'clock last night when I turned in - started to get a little concerned for my health and obsessing about where the next patch of shade was and how much I was drinking (temp like a nice warm bath from the water bottles)and where I was going to get refills from - for little or no emissions - while I love it to be hot - a nice cool 30° will do nicely

Top Bottom