Am I Really That Bad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Longshot

Cheers Si,
Just an idea at the minute, I guess a lot depends on how much the bug bites and some other family stuff happening at the minute pans out.

Never been one for Charity rides etc as i have never had a cause close to my heart but looks like that might be changing :sad:

Sorry to hear that last part. Best of luck with it - whatever/whoever concerned.

I'm considering doing London-Amsterdam next year - organising it as a works event for charity.

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Well finally the voucher has arrived yesterday, so i will be picking up my 2012 Tricross, in the next couple of days or over the weekend.

I must admit I have not gone out on the bike since first raising this tread, obviously the weather had not helped, but combined with a serious family illness and a bike which is only fit for the bin, the aim of getting fit has taken a back step.

The illness to my sister has given me some drive to do something charity based cycle event, so hopefully this will give me the motivation to put the miles in.

I think i will use the thread to update my progress from cycling newbie to a full fledged road cyclist

Well finally the voucher has arrived yesterday, so i will be picking up my 2012 Tricross, in the next couple of days or over the weekend.

I must admit I have not gone out on the bike since first raising this tread, obviously the weather had not helped, but combined with a serious family illness and a bike which is only fit for the bin, the aim of getting fit has taken a back step.

The illness to my sister has given me some drive to do something charity based cycle event, so hopefully this will give me the motivation to put the miles in.

I think i will use the thread to update my progress from cycling newbie to a full fledged road cyclist
Hope what ever is wrong is not to serious, and good luck with the charity event/s

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Picked the bike up to today, so I am now the proud owner of my first ever proper bike.

Unfortunately the weather conspired against me with all the snow last night, so its still sat Un-used in the kitchen.

I added another 100 quid to the voucher, which was quickly used up with a under seat bag, drink and holder, pump, couple of spare inner tubes and jumped straight in to the Lycra with a pair of 3/4 padded bib tights.

mark1974

Picked the bike up to today, so I am now the proud owner of my first ever proper bike.

Unfortunately the weather conspired against me with all the snow last night, so its still sat Un-used in the kitchen.

I added another 100 quid to the voucher, which was quickly used up with a under seat bag, drink and holder, pump, couple of spare inner tubes and jumped straight in to the Lycra with a pair of 3/4 padded bib tights.

you will soon be pounding the miles in good luck with the family issues

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Cheers, if you see a slow all the gear no idea on a tricross in button or Widnes, tried not to laugh to hard :laugh:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
First run on the bike today. Just short of 8 miles, average speed @ 11.4mph. Pretty much shows how unfit I am.

Sore arse now but all good
Sounds like a decent start. Keep it up!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Cheers, let's hope it gets easier.

Couple of plus points took a 1 1/2 mins out of a strava section and no longer bottom lol, hit around 25mph on a small down hill section which was good fun.

malcermie

Fitness just seems to creep up on me. Suddenly find that hill that needed the granny ring no longer does^_^ Have just got a Triban 3 and am very pleased to see the higher average speeds I am getting. Need to be fit enough for the London to Brighton in June!:bicycle:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Fitness just seems to creep up on me. Suddenly find that hill that needed the granny ring no longer does^_^ Have just got a Triban 3 and am very pleased to see the higher average speeds I am getting. Need to be fit enough for the London to Brighton in June!:bicycle:

If you are doing the L2B charity ride, you will find it a piece of pishh if you are even midly fit. You will just get sucked along with the many thousands of others cyclists on the day. The only hills of note are Turners and Ditchling. Both of which you won't probably ride up due to the sheer amount of other cyclists in the road walking.

Top Bottom