am i the only one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Am I the only one who dislikes titles that don't tell me what the thread is about....? :whistle:

I put it down to laziness. I've not seen much on here, but I have months away from the forum at times.

There is one forum I go on, and there is a lot of that sort of thing.
One day the thread title was simply "spades".

OK, that tells us a lot! :wacko: Garden spades, spades in a pack of cards or what? It turned out to be a thread about spade connectors for wiring:rolleyes:

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
still here,

Attachments

• 1654974268701121511175762093191.jpg
    1654974268701121511175762093191.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 3

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Not feeling it either, blowing a hoolie in North Wales, so just chilling at the van. MIL's funeral next week and I've fallen out with my side of the family as none of them even sent a card (my mum just posted one this week after I told them it was a 'bit late' - MIL been dead 2 weeks). All have ducked the funeral, not even sparing an hour at 9am for the service (most are WFH).

I did a 50miles ride today up to the other side of Bangor with headwind for half of it but it was great coming back.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Count it as a recovery day after (or ahead of) a hard week's commuting, or preparation for a decent ride tomorrow.

That's my excuse for minimal mileage except for shopping today.

Reactions: C R

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
To quote the Truckasaurus episode of the Simpsons, if you miss this you better be dead, or in jaaaail….

I spend so much of my time whinging about the cold and winter I’d feel a bit of a heel staying in when the weather’s decent.

Today - a nice 70km loop to Thruxton circuit (vintage car day) and back, followed by a totally earned BBQ plus a few cooking lagers.

So, shame on you @tinywheels :tongue:

To quote the Truckasaurus episode of the Simpsons, if you miss this you better be dead, or in jaaaail….

I spend so much of my time whinging about the cold and winter I’d feel a bit of a heel staying in when the weather’s decent.

Today - a nice 70km loop to Thruxton circuit (vintage car day) and back, followed by a totally earned BBQ plus a few cooking lagers.

So, shame on you @tinywheels :tongue:

Well, I'll let you off for actually going cycling, given that there were automotive shenanigans involved... :okay:

I'm currently watching the BTCC coverage from Oulton Park.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Well, I'll let you off for actually going cycling, given that there were automotive shenanigans involved... :okay:

I'm currently watching the BTCC coverage from Oulton Park.

My bike had way more electronics than anything going round Thruxton circuit today 😼.

Baaaack on topic…. I think everyone is allowed a cycling duvet day (or week, or month..). If it’s not your job or getting you to your job, then it should be for pleasure, so if you’re not going to enjoy it then it’s probably counterproductive. The only case for the prosecution is that I sometimes haul my reluctant ass out but really enjoy it once I’m in the groove.

Last edited:
Top Bottom