am i the only one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I should be back on the bike on Tuesday, but I've a meeting with Nuffield Health at their swanky Sports Institute in Manchester - I could cycle over a sweaty mess ? It's not far from my office though - it's doable if I give myself time to change !!

Google Maps to the rescue - there is ample cycle parking right next to the building - will just need good locks !!! Just over 4 miles to the site, so about 20 minutes off road via the canal. Forecast looking OK. May take spare base layer as my kit won't be dry from the morning's ride - arrive work about 8am, back on bike at 9:45 for 10:30 meeting.

Johnno260

Veteran
OK so I'm lying on the sofa on a sunny day. I'm really not feeling like getting on the bike but know i should. I keep making excuses to myself. Am I just a lazy git?

I go out in the mornings, set the alarm for 5:10am everything is readied the night before.

It’s quiet except for the birds this time of year, added benefit of far less traffic.

Not feeling it either, blowing a hoolie in North Wales, so just chilling at the van. MIL's funeral next week and I've fallen out with my side of the family as none of them even sent a card (my mum just posted one this week after I told them it was a 'bit late' - MIL been dead 2 weeks). All have ducked the funeral, not even sparing an hour at 9am for the service (most are WFH).

Poor response from the family. They ought to be ashamed. Stay strong.

fossyant

Poor response from the family. They ought to be ashamed. Stay strong.

My hint's have gone straight over their head, even sister. She's said funeral's cause her and her husband 'too much distress'. FFS, she's known MIL longer than I have. It's about respect, not if you feel 'distress'. she better show up when our mum and dad kick the bucket!

When we were in hospital for the week 24/7 with MIL waiting for her to pass, my lot were posting pictures of their covid tests on our family what's app :ohmy:, not that they were poorly, mild headache etc. I've since 'left' the family group. BIL 'left' the group when youngest sister and BIL lost a baby. Our 'other' SIL kept posting pictures of their son constantly to the group, rather than leave it for a week or two. SIL has been the same whilst we were grieving... you can't chose family eh. :ohmy:

fossyant

No ride today - been cleaning and fixing the commuter. Unfortunately the thread has 'gone' on the pannier/mudguard mount on my drop out, so I've used a flat head screw from the cassette side to mount it - loads of weight and vibration from a canal commute. Ready for tomorrow ! No excuses ! :okay:

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Touch of 'mad dogs and Englishmen' here. Best time is earl morning or late afternoon.

I certainly second the early morning rides, right at the snap of sunrise. Here in the states we're having 32 degree evenings right up to 9pm on some days. I find sustained riding at 32+ gives me an hour or 2 headache even when riding in the shade and staying hydrated. Much nicer to just hit the sack at 8:30 these days and get up refreshed for a 5:30 ride. Quiet and cool. Only nature around to say hello at that hour. 🦌🦕🐿️ Then you can still enjoy lazing around in the heat of the afternoons. 🌞

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Cycling isnt an obligation, it's supposed to be fun. Where's the enjoyment in gusty winds or roasting sunshine?
I like calm winds and moderate temperatures for bike riding. I've only been doing early in the morning or late evening, if I've even ridden on hot days.
Last time I rode a bke was Saturday morning, finished by 9 o'clock. Last couple of days have felt a bit rough, so used the time to sort out a whole load of old financial statements and bills etc - the sort of boring stuff that tends to be put aside when you've got more interesting things to do.

mustang1

Guru
OK so I'm lying on the sofa on a sunny day. I'm really not feeling like getting on the bike but know i should. I keep making excuses to myself. Am I just a lazy git?

I havent felt like riding this week either. Went for an imperial century over the weekend but i think theres something in the air thats stopping me from riding daily. I went out on the e-bike a couple of days ago in the forest but had headphones on and rode really slowly.

Just fancy time off i suppose.

Top Bottom