am i too old to start racing/ trying to be a pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamma

Über Member
As the title of this thread says am i too old to start racing/ becoming semi pro?

I am 22 years old but always wondered that i have left it too late to start to race or attempt it.

Even if i am i do have other adventures waiting like opening up my own bike servicing shop.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Yes. :laugh:

I am joking, of course. Do you do any competitive events now, and if so, what sort of results are you getting?

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Simple answer is none just always thought i was too old
Well, all I can suggest, if you're getting in the lift on the ground floor, is to get a racing licence and give it a stab.

You'll find out pretty quickly if you're not good enough. And if you are good enough, the pro teams will come and find you, eventually.

I'm way too old to entertain such fanciful notions, though I still harbour fantasies about playing for Everton.

Diggs

Veteran
OK different sex, different nationality and probably diffrenet circumstances (although you might be a journo) but Marijn de Vries took up racing when she was 30

You're basically knackered and over the hill by the age of 21,so sorry,I think you've just missed out.

^_^
Kidding of course,21 is probably a good time to start,if you put in the massive effort required.
And it will need single minded desire,as it's a hard game.

Top Bottom