Amazing Difference What Two Days Makes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Tuesday, and its not a nice day. Added to that, I had three near SMIDSYs. All three I was watching, thinking "They're not looking at me, they're not going to stop", and was right. One coming onto a roundabout, one using an entrance for turning, and one coming out of an entrance. Brilliant - can no one look properly any more? If I'd have been going flat out and not checked my speed, any one could have ended up with me kissing tarmac.

Thursday, and two VERY considerate drivers where not expected. In Balsall Heath, on the Rea Valley Cycle Route, a big posh Merc decides that he is going to pass me, and then immediately turn left. Only he didn't. He waited for me until I went passed, just to make sure he knew where I was. Kept ahead of him due to speed humps, and thanked him at the end of the road.

A bit later on, coming down the hill with plenty of speed, spied a white van coming up the hill with plenty of welly too. There is a turn-off to my left that always makes me nervous - a short-cut to avoid a busy T-junction used by drivers coming the other way. He indicates to turn right, and the urgency of his driving makes me wonder if he cares about there being a cyclist fast approaching. Not only does he care, but flashes his lights at me to tell me so. I must have looked VERY worried!

So, thank you to two considerate Birmingham drivers today.
thumbsup.png
to you both.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Can you give them directions to Stourbridge please Jim and I'll send a couple of our morons over there to replace them ?

Top Bottom