An object lesson in keeping your mouth shut...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

get the video up! i fancy a good chuckle

I hope to see the funny side eventually, I'm struggling right now though.

I'm also aware that I see the same people on my route and being very identifiable, I'm pretty sure this ain't the last I've heard of this...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Him: 'What's your problem etc etc.?'
Me: 'Go away'
Him: 'So?'
Me: 'Go away nowl'
Him: 'There are a lot of things that are illegal, we don't have to all follow the rules'
Me: 'Go away and die now!'
Him: 'Yadda, yadda, the thing, the thing, the thing.'
Me: 'Bye' rides off. Makes like a deaf person for the next few miles.

But he makes a good point later on in your tale about your use of sexist language to describe your RLJ-er. Yes. Really.

First one to mention Political Correctness gets a prize.

OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

But he makes a good point later on in your tale about your use of sexist language to describe your RLJ-er. Yes. Really.
First one to mention Political Correctness gets a prize.

That was kind of the gist of my post, I lost the moral high ground as soon as I said that... Although I'm an equal opportunities insulter, I was just about to call him a 'b*****d' as he was about to RLJ...

I don't think telling someone to die would help matters but yes, ignoring people is the best way to go.

jack smith

Veteran
i think your over thinking it mate, seems like the guy is just a stuck up t*sser thinking he is god's gift, obviously uneducated to human standards. if he does anything again just ride off or report it to the police, remember you will always have video evidence and he has threatened you with assault

OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

i think your over thinking it mate, seems like the guy is just a stuck up t*sser thinking he is god's gift, obviously uneducated to human standards. if he does anything again just ride off or report it to the police, remember you will always have video evidence and he has threatened you with assault

I do have a tendency to dwell on things.

But thanks Jack, I think you're right. I mean, I really don't want to get hit but I'm kind of covered if it did happen and any further engagement from him would verge on harrassment (not that he's worried about the law, apparently...)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
That was kind of the gist of my post, I lost the moral high ground as soon as I said that... Although I'm an equal opportunities insulter, I was just about to call him a 'b*****d' as he was about to RLJ...

I don't think telling someone to die would help matters but yes, ignoring people is the best way to go.
'Nobber' and 'Dick' and, in Lahndhan, 'You tragic hipster cockwomble' are my insults of choice on the road.

In my script 'go away' is merely a euphemism ;)

I find if you cultivate a certain silent menacing stare they shut up pretty quickly.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
When I'm in my car I swear at almost everyone I see.
I have tried to calm this down a bit on the bike, as people can actually hear you, unlike in a car.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
When I'm in my car I swear at almost everyone I see.
I have tried to calm this down a bit on the bike, as people can actually hear you, unlike in a car.

I don't think you should be driving then :tongue:

OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

[QUOTE 2921674, member: 30090"]About a rljer - big deal.[/quote]

As I say, it just slipped out. But you're right, as long as I obey the law, what someone else does is their business and hopefully one day they'll come a cropper for it.

Tim Hall

Put it behind you, don't let him take up space in your head.

Re. the letting things slip out, a couple of years ago a bloke on a bike shot out from a junction across my bows without a sideways glance. Reactions from me were to (a) apply brakes sharpish and (b) say "twat". He then applied his brakes, stopped and thumped me, before riding off into the sunset. It was all over very quickly. I was a bit shaken but then thought WTF and filled my head with pleasant thoughts.

Top Bottom