An open letter of thanks to you, cyclechat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
i joined a few months ago asking what sort of road bike I should get because I had a bit of an unexplained affinity for charge. Well that went down the pan pretty quickly when forum research explained the difference between steel, aluminium, carbon, dragon bone and snake oil etc. I quickly realised I wanted something light and quick, but could shake off a pot hole or two.

I wish I could remember who it was that suggested cyclocross to me, because I didn't even know such a sport existed let alone that it used machines that suit me down to the ground.

And to everyone that hammered home the point that the fit and feel of the bike is just as, if not more important than the componentry. My logical geek wanted to ignore you so bad! But I'm glad I didn't. I owe you all one.

Ended up, after months of trawling and an afternoon of bombing around parks purchasing a beautiful Focus Mares 3.0 - and I couldn't have done it without you.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 220

ScotiaLass

Guru
:bravo: Lovely!!
I hope you enjoy her!

after months of trawling and an afternoon of bombing around parks purchasing a beautiful Focus Mares 3.0
Great bikes. I had a Mares AX 1.0 a few years back and loved it, but I've got to say that 3.0 looks fantastic. The only thing I changed was the tyres, and the only reason I did that was the bike was turning me into a go anywhere nutter!

Focus Mares AX1.0.jpg

I'd have MTB'ers looking at me like, "WTF's he doing up here on that?" Usually as I went flying past them like they weren't moving :laugh:

I rue the day I sold mine but I will get another CX one day :thumbsup:

oldroadman

Veteran
Good piece of kit for durability and feel, excellent choice. Of course, you do realise that soon the "what else can I buy" will start nagging at the back of the brain cells somewhere (if you dabble at cross racing there's a need for at least two bikes and more extra wheels...:thumbsup:)? Just make sure the fit and feel stay right, and enjoy!

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
That's it " Rocket Ron Schwalbe"

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
That's it " Rocket Ron Schwalbe"

That's my weekend name, hush now!

It came down between the Caadx 105 and this Focus. No doubt the caadx was a crisper shift but when I pushed in hard on the drops the focus felt kind of "locked in" under me and before I knew what was going on I had sore cheeks from smiling!

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
That's my weekend name, hush now!

It came down between the Caadx 105 and this Focus. No doubt the caadx was a crisper shift but when I pushed in hard on the drops the focus felt kind of "locked in" under me and before I knew what was going on I had sore cheeks from smiling!
Really pleased for you mate. Enjoy the ride!

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
That is a sexy bike.

I often want to just remove the mudguards and pannier from mine to take away the shopping trolley look and return it to it's beautiful self.

Top Bottom