Android Auto..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
https://www.android.com/auto/

To use Android Auto, you need an Android Auto compatible vehicle or aftermarket radio and an Android phone running 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.

When you connect your Android phone to the compatible vehicle or radio, Android Auto will display applications on the vehicle’s screen. For more information about Android Auto compatibility, please visit support.google.com/androidauto

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
How is this even legal? I still don't understand why driver operated touchscreens are allowed to react to touches while the vehicle is in motion.
Some Mazdas disable them when you’re driving, there’s no reason they can’t all do that.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
How is this even legal? I still don't understand why driver operated touchscreens are allowed to react to touches while the vehicle is in motion.
From the Android link posted up thread...

Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With a simple and intuitive interface, integrated steering wheel controls and powerful new voice actions, it's designed to minimise distraction so that you can stay focused on the road.

D

Deleted member 26715

Some Mazdas disable them when you’re driving, there’s no reason they can’t all do that.
Our Toyota did that until the maps were updated now you can use the Sat Nav whilst driving, which when you have a passenger is a good thing

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Which is a bunch of horse dung. It's designed to encourage you to use a bloody phone, driving distracted, one of the #fatal4, when you should be focusing on driving (and it could well be literally bloody once you crash).

Standard in many cars now, and it lets you use 'some of your favorite apps' - frightening, time for twitter and facebook anyone !

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom