Android Auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Okay, new car (VW) came ready to go with wireless Android Auto.

After many hours of Googling, engaging with forums and buried in AA & phone menus (in itself an utter nightmare) we had pretty much given up trying to get it working properly.

The 1 minute easy to set-up VW video seemed like an unobtainable pipe-dream.

By chance Mrs SD bought a new phone (Samsung) to replace her Huawei and lo & behold it hooked with the car brilliantly.

So I bought a Samsung too with the same result.

No idea why the Huawei's didn't work - had Android 12 on one if them too which AFAIK is fully up to date.

I wonder if it was the Huawei UI that was corrupting the system?

CXRAndy

Guru
Okay, new car (VW) came ready to go with wireless Android Auto.

After many hours of Googling, engaging with forums and buried in AA & phone menus (in itself an utter nightmare) we had pretty much given up trying to get it working properly.

The 1 minute easy to set-up VW video seemed like an unobtainable pipe-dream.

By chance Mrs SD bought a new phone (Samsung) to replace her Huawei and lo & behold it hooked with the car brilliantly.

So I bought a Samsung too with the same result.

No idea why the Huawei's didn't work - had Android 12 on one if them too which AFAIK is fully up to date.

I wonder if it was the Huawei UI that was corrupting the system?

Didn't Google disable Huawei phones in some way, due to their spying software accusations?

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I use a Huawei phone with AA in a VW no problem, 4 years old so maybe a newer car issue?

Possibly - new car is fitted with the VW MIB3 head unit.

Works brilliantly now - Nav & Spotify spool up in <30 seconds.

Now, if only we could sort all the radio stations out - some have pretty coloured icons and some b/w - not the entire end of the world tbh.

Apparently in MIB2 & MIB2.5 the option to download the appropriate files to a SD card and then upload via SD port existed - been deleted somewhere along the way.

Top Bottom