Angry threats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
Hmm, I think you're simply writing off and ignoring dangerous incidents and abuse, because I'm simply not believing that you don't get them to a roughly similar ratio that the rest of us do.

I dont think i could ignore a dangerous incident?Dont get me wrong,i do have my share of moments,but no where near as much as some.Your perogative to not believe me,but iv never been shouted at or threatened,in fact the opposite,it tends to be a wave or smile. I put it down to my style of riding.I suppose if i pushed primary more,then i might?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
BentMikey said:
You're assuming Magnatom gets more abuse and dangerous driving than you do, but I wonder if that's really true since I doubt either of you collect any data or ride in the same situations? I know that I get less of both when I ride more assertively for the most part.

The difference is that Magnatom films his ride, and puts up incidents that interest him. That brings focus and attention, which your ride is missing. I'm sure we could find just as much of interest if you filmed all of your riding too.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
The difference is that Magnatom films his ride, and puts up incidents that interest him. That brings focus and attention, which your ride is missing. I'm sure we could find just as much of interest if you filmed all of your riding too.

your assuming a lot BM,i can assure you,compared to mags,and by the sound of it,yours,my riding is very boring as far as confrontation is concerned.Im puzzled as to why you have such a hard time accepting that i dont get the grief you get?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm sure the tale would be very different if we had 6 months of your riding footage to look at. I'm still not sure why you think Magnatom gets a lot of grief either, tbh.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
BentMikey said:
I'm sure the tale would be very different if we had 6 months of your riding footage to look at. I'm still not sure why you think Magnatom gets a lot of grief either, tbh.

Because he's riding through Glasgow ! ;)

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:

Because your sure,ill Ill have to stop telling porkies eh?;)
Like i said BM,im going on what he has posted,and to me thats a lot of grief:smile:Have you not seen what he has posted over time?:tongue:

Tetedelacourse

I agree with Col.

Seems to me like Magna gets far more grief than I get, based on what he reports on CC. In fact, even if he only reported half of the incidents he reports, it would still seem like a lot.

Like Col, I can only assume that it's to do with something Magna is doing that I am not, whether it's road positioning, expectation that he will be wronged, presence of camera, raised profile etc.

It's sod all to do with Glasgow; I commuted in Glasgow for 7 years there and found it similar in terms of incidents to where I commute now. No worse, no better.

I see what you're saying BM, and it's arguable whether or not Magna's habits are "safer" than mine on the road, but I've yet to meet with minor or major mishap <touches wood> and don't have anything like the aggro that Magna reports. I think Col has a point.

My Dad had a pal who was known as The Insurance Man. They used to take him on trips because if anything unfortunate happened, it was guaranteed to happen to him. Hence the name.

domtyler

Über Member
col said:
I could get a complex with the number growin that says im lieing you know:biggrin:

Come on col, you can't chicken out now, you're already in too deep. Strap your camera to your handlebars and record a trip, we need that footage! ;)

col

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
Come on col, you can't chicken out now, you're already in too deep. Strap your camera to your handlebars and record a trip, we need that footage! ;)

I dont have one,unless someone wants to lend me one,so i can clear the tarnish of my name:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Any digital camera will do for one trip, or are you saying that you don't have a digital camera, video cam or even a mobile phone in your household? ;)

Top Bottom