Annoying neighbours and loud music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Gawd the stories on here almost make me grateful for my occasional neighbour noise because at least they don't have dogs or play music or football.

I've read that two-thirds of people are stressed by neighbour noise.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As official members of the old farts club we do enjoy peace and quiet.
We live in a semi but they are really solid so next door has to be really loud to affect us.
However......they are both from broken marriages and sometimes have the whole tribe for garden parties......there are lots of them :sad:.
We get the warning signs, a rented bouncy castle, swimming pool etc......so we just go out for the day**, anywhere, just anywhere^_^
Don't get me wrong, they are a pleasant family so are entitled to blow out every now and again.
**not so easy with this virus. Last week there were 20+ of them having an all day party. Football, 3 paddling pools BBQ. Grin and bear it:sad:

slow scot

Veteran
We had an Elvis impersonator, a bad one, who 'practised' all day with volume on full and windows open - living opposite. Multiple requests to them, and their housing association, for them to turn it down didn't work.

Stuck my stereo system on full - all 1000 watts of it :eek: - put bad opera on and went out. I warned the neighbours and they were just as frustrated as we were.

8 hours of bad opera seemed to do the trick. He stopped after that.
There's bad opera?

dodgy

Another grumpy old man here with neighbours who have little girls with ultrasonic and below screams and can go on for about 3 hours.

D

Deleted member 26715

Plenty. In particular...
I class opera in the same vein as ice skating, I can see the skill in it but not the attraction, I would not pay money for a load of people to warble out words in a language I can't understand, bit like rap with a silent c.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

AndreaJ

Veteran
I live in a very small rural village and there is one noisy family who insist on playing music in the garden. They have 3 primary school age boys whose only way of communicating with each other is screaming while the parents shout. Everyone now knows all the children’s names and the new dogs name. The idea that most people live in a rural area for the peace and quiet is lost on them.

slow scot

Veteran
I'm not an opera buff but can tell the difference between someone who can sing and someone who can't. A friend's an opera singer, and a schoolmate's wife is (he composes theme TV tunes). Both can sing.

Florence Foster Jenkins couldn't, but her memory lives on ... and in my house it was at 1000 watts ^_^
Thanks for the "Gotterdammerung" link. Fascinating to hear it with piano accompaniment. And , yes, they certainly can sing!

Top Bottom