Annoying neighbours and loud music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
When we lived in a flat we had nothing but idiots upstairs. The final straw was when the council moved junkies in. Right from the start it was loud music all night, arguments, other druggies banging on the door/ shouting up, ambulances at all hours, hearing them panic as one overdosed, blood over their door, banging on our door to phone ambulances for them. Council etc were useless. I'd happily have shot all of them. Lasted 4 months then we sold up and bought a semi. Could hear a pin drop now, brilliant!

johnblack

Über Member
I like the sound of kids playing outside, it's how it should be, rural doesn't mean silence, families have always grown up in villages, we need more kids in the villages.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We had an Elvis impersonator, a bad one, who 'practised' all day with volume on full and windows open - living opposite. Multiple requests to them, and their housing association, for them to turn it down didn't work.

Stuck my stereo system on full - all 1000 watts of it :eek: - put bad opera on and went out. I warned the neighbours and they were just as frustrated as we were.

8 hours of bad opera seemed to do the trick. He stopped after that.

My Mother in law did something like that with a neighbour - they put on some awful fairground music, and went out for the day.

D

Deleted member 26715

I like the sound of kids playing outside, it's how it should be, rural doesn't mean silence, families have always grown up in villages, we need more kids in the villages.
Yes we've lived here 35+ years, we moved in with no kids, across the road were teenagers, up the road a small kids, we then had kids, across the road teenagers moved out, kids up road grew up, no longer teenagers across the road brough back their kids, no longer kids moved away, then brought back their kids, ours well one of them moved out now she brings back her kids & the teenagers across the road's kids are now bringing their kids back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes we've lived here 35+ years, we moved in with no kids, across the road were teenagers, up the road a small kids, we then had kids, across the road teenagers moved out, kids up road grew up, no longer teenagers across the road brough back their kids, no longer kids moved away, then brought back their kids, ours well one of them moved out now she brings back her kids & the teenagers across the road's kids are now bringing their kids back.
World record right there for the most uses of the word “kids” in one paragraph. :okay:

johnblack

Über Member
Enough people moan that kids are stuck on computer games rather than getting out, but if they do get out people moan about that. Amazing how many people have never been kids or parents of kids.

D

Deleted member 26715

Enough people moan that kids are stuck on computer games rather than getting out, but if they do get out people moan about that. Amazing how many people have never been kids or parents of kids.
We live on a fairly quiet cul-de-sac or did until they stopped people parking outside the school on the next road so there are/were cars hurtling up our road to get the sprogs to school on time. But we have noticed the decline in kids playing out on the footpath or road over the years, although just at the moment the number on the road is lower than it was as well.
My parents didn't mind me, my sisters, and our friends making a certain amount of noise but when we got too loud they would tell us to quieten down because we'd upset the neighbours.
So would mine & so did we.

Top Bottom