Annoying what some other riders do..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Surely you are not allowed to be " incandescent with rage" while we are still in the EU, surely you must be "Energy Saving with rage"

Fortunately we won't be in the EU for much longer, so I can be as Brexit Incandescent as I like.

J1888

Über Member
Any cyclist that does anything wrong, I tell to 'f&ck off', very loudly. Due to the amount that run red lights, even at very dangerous junctions, I've now taken to having a recorded version of my rebuke, so I can shout 'f&ck off' in multiple directions, at multiple cyclists, all at the same time.

Ciar

Veteran
That's riding in London, most of those events are a daily occurrence and my general care factor is very low :smile:

my opinion is as long as i go from A-B without issue then that's the important thing and as for Wheelsuckers, just slow down they will soon get the message.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluepit

That's riding in London, most of those events are a daily occurrence and my general care factor is very low :smile:

my opinion is as long as i go from A-B without issue then that's the important thing and as for Wheelsuckers, just slow down they will soon get the message.
Yes, good advice. Thanks.

OP
OP
B

bluepit

re no.2 - why didn't you relax and just slow down a little?
yes, that's probably the best way to deal with that kind of situation..

OP
OP
B

bluepit

A bicycle is a road vehicle, legally.

From your post you went when the lights changed to green, "you went for it, just to be faster than the taxi to my right". Your attention was elsewhere, not the road in front of you.

Edited
"you went for it, just go be faster than the taxi to my right".
to read
"you went for it, just to be faster than the taxi to my right".
yes my attention was on the road, but he appeared in the picture very quickly. He was going for it too.. but you live an learn from every situation, hopefully, and try to prevent it happening again..

classic33

Leg End Member
yes my attention was on the road, but he appeared in the picture very quickly. He was going for it too.. but you live an learn from every situation, hopefully, and try to prevent it happening again..
In your own words, your attention was on "beating the taxi", not every vehicle on the road.

A dangerous attitude to have.

OP
OP
B

bluepit

Why? It costs you nothing. Treat it as a compliment to your fitness and be happy you can give a fellow cyclist a helping hand.
He was not looking for a helping hand, that one. I think he had a boring day at the office and it was his time to play..

OP
OP
B

bluepit

In your own words, your attention was on "beating the taxi", not every vehicle on the road.

A dangerous attitude to have.
No, that's not correct. I saw that the road was clear when the lights changed, then opened the gas. Unfortunately he suddenly darted from across the other side of the road. He came out of nowhere.

classic33

Leg End Member
No, that's not correct. I saw that the road was clear when the lights changed, then opened the gas. Unfortunately he suddenly darted from across the other side of the road. He came out of nowhere.
Your words, not mine.
Annoying thing number 4:
While riding my motorbike home a few months ago, a guy decided it was a very good idea to jump the red lights and make a run for it across the road. The only problem was that, as the lights had just opened for me, I went for it, just to be faster than the taxi to my right. Unfortunately, I only saw this cyclist(?) after I had already started, and even though I braked hard, we still collided, albeit at a very low speed. He and is push bike were OK. My bike was on the floor, and my gear selector was bent, which made it tricky to ride home afterwards. The question again is why? Why do you do this? Do you want to die? Please stop! Respect the traffic lights and signals, that's what they're there for.

That is it so far.. but that's quite enough..
He must have come from somewhere.
I stopped at the lights, next to the curb to the left of a taxi. The lights went green for me, I did not see anything, so I went.. It all looked pretty safe at first.. Until he appeared out of nowhere from the right hand side, crossing from the other side of the A13 road (2 lanes in each direction). No other vehicle was involved. It was not serious, but we still collided..
Green means you may go, if it is safe to proceed. Doesn't sound as though it was safe to proceed, and your attention was on beating the taxi.

Top Bottom