Another accident caught on camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
How is this any different to a pedestrian stepping of the curb without looking? Guy on the bike is an idiot.

Not sure if you're saying two seperate things or contradicting yourself. A pedestrian has priority at junctions if I recall correctly so car driver would be 100% at fault in that scenario, though still best to look admittedly.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Not sure if you're saying two seperate things or contradicting yourself. A pedestrian has priority at junctions if I recall correctly so car driver would be 100% at fault in that scenario, though still best to look admittedly.

No, a driver is advised to give way to a pedestrian who has already started to cross a the road the driver is turning into.

Here, there was no pedestrian and the cyclist rode illegally on the pavement and directly inot the road.

A pedestrian still on the pavement does not have priority.

Debade

Über Member
I

I was just about to suggest if the laws are the same in the UK as in the States, which seems to be the case, the motorist is responsible for not hitting any vulnerable road users. The motorist needs to take the extra step of checking for bikes.

Having said that, and the main reason I want to provide input, the cyclist should be riding defensively. The 'left and right hook' is a common accident. When I commute, I take great care at intersections and would simply not try to pass a car at an intersection in the fashion of this cyclist. (as others pointed out).. At least I do not think I would.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
The clown on the bike is 100% at fault, if it was a runner or a horse rider and they just went straight out across a junction would people be defending them.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It was the cyclist who had to give way not the driver. Now if that had been in Denmark it would be a whole different story.

Jody

Stubborn git
Move along there's nothing to see here. Cyclist makes mistake, gets all aggressive and tries and put blame on the motorist.

Love the comment thread though:

Heraut "I like how road rages in UK often remain quite polite and civilized. Not losing your temper is so british, it may sound cliché but you can actually see it on the videos."
"@Héraut You haven't met Ronnie Pickering"
:laugh:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
whilst the cyclist shouldn't have been on the pavement, and should have been looking around as well, I am troubled that the car turning left could equally well have collected a pedestrian as it was a general "car's have priority innit" attitude

Reactions: mjr

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Only idiots step of the kerb without looking.I dislike a lot motorist's, but he has right of way. Get over it.:okay:

Well OK, but the cars are supposed to stop surely ?

"Get over it" the last refuge of someone without an argument, or perchance trying to start one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom