Another Aldi cycling event coming up - 26Sep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

What temps would you wear the winter jacket in? It's about 8C outside and I'm not sure if the winter jacket will be too warm.

potsy

Rambler
What temps would you wear the winter jacket it? It's about 8C outside and I'm not sure if the winter jacket will be too warm.
Still too warm yet, meant to be 6c here in the morning but I won't be wearing mine, base layer + winter jersey and gilet most probably.
For me it has to be 4c and under :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 20519

Still too warm yet, meant to be 6c here in the morning but I won't be wearing mine, base layer + winter jersey and gilet most probably.
For me it has to be 4c and under :thumbsup:

Gotcha. Will a baselayer, arm warmers and a regular jersey be enough?

400bhp

Guru
I'd concur with @potsy

4 deg or less for the jacket. Base layer with it will be fine, no need for arm warmers.

Anything below freezing then 2 base layers required.

400bhp

Guru
and I'd concur with @potsy again:rolleyes: Temps 4-10 deg then some combination of winter jersey and baselayer (poss 2 baselayer but unlikely).

winjim

Smash the cistern
Tried out the winter trousers today and although I was nice and cosy in the torrential rain, I
too had trouble with the pad positioning. Maybe try wearing 'em back to front?

Onthedrops

Veteran
I was very disappointed with the winter trousers. I waited a while for the sale coming round in the hope of buying some relatively good winter tights. Had to return them as the pad was badly positioned and practically unwearable.

Ended up biting the bullet and bought a pair of dhb Roubaix winter tights. Half the thickness of the Aldi offerings but suposedly quite warm. Not worn them yet. Anyone any experience with them? Are they warm?

Wolfy

Yea I'll second that, got a lot of DHB stuff including the Roubaix bibs. Recommend to anyone. Just be carefull on the sizes, usually require a smaller size with DHB than other cycling brand names.

toontra

Veteran
i hope your last longer than mine.twice the sole plate split just behind the spd bolt holes after 4-5 months.
Exactly this has just happened to mine, so that's 5 weeks of light use. Annoyingly I'd just thrown the receipt away, thinking that they fitted and would last like the last pair I bought a few years ago. Wondering if it's worth trying to argue the point.

EDIT. Well that was easy. Just took the shoes back to the store I bought them from, together with a bank statement showing the purchase. They printed out a copy of the receipt and gave me a refund without any questions. Good service!

Last edited:
Top Bottom