Another Aldi cycling event coming up - 26Sep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We popped in to the one just outside of the city yesterday afternoon. I was suprised how much stuff was left. I got legwarmers, 2 sets of those little blinky lights and a seriously yellow long sleeved jersey.

OH tried the showerproof jacket on and it was way too short in the arms so he didn't bother with it.

There were still a fair amount of merino tops in there but they were either massive or tiny. None in a sensible size.

400bhp

Guru
I bought one of the compression tops on sunday - the only one left in medium-white it is too:ohmy:

I've worn it twice this week as a base layer on my morning commute (10-12 deg) with a standard cycling summer shirt over the top. Very happy with it, temperature regulation is great.

Tempted to hunt down another.:thumbsup:

Got another white one today.:whistle:

Onthedrops

Veteran
Noticed a few of you went for the winter tights.
Has anybody found an issue with the pad positioning?
I bought a pair plus a couple of pairs of socks and the winter cycling jersey, was pleased as punch!

However, when I got them home and tried on the tights I found the pad to be in a really weird position. Hardly any padding on the backside. It felt as though the pad was way too far forward, and no I didn't have them on back to front!!!:laugh: Needless to say, they went back. Very disappointed.:thumbsdown:

Bryony

Veteran
I bought a pair plus a couple of pairs of socks and the winter cycling jersey, was pleased as punch!

However, when I got them home and tried on the tights I found the pad to be in a really weird position. Hardly any padding on the backside. It felt as though the pad was way too far forward, and no I didn't have them on back to front!!!:laugh: Needless to say, they went back. Very disappointed.:thumbsdown:
I bought a pair and I have found the pad to be a little too far forward but for me it hasn't really affected comfort or performance (maybe I'm just built funny!!) :laugh: I must admit for the money I'm quite happy with them.

Tcr4x4

Veteran
I bought a pair and I have found the pad to be a little too far forward but for me it hasn't really affected comfort or performance (maybe I'm just built funny!!) :laugh: I must admit for the money I'm quite happy with them.

I was going to wear mine out last week, then realised what was meant about the pad! It very protective of little tcr4x4, but not much at the back. I might try them on a short ride too see, but I think they might be a bin job. Might be too late to take them back now, but ill try.

D

Deleted member 20519

I tried out the leg warmers today (Large) and they're too long and actually a bit baggy, going to return them or swap them if there's any left. Has anyone else found the sizing a bit strange?

RFATaff

Regular
I had the winter coat out yesterday and it is incredibly warm and very much windproof. If anything it was too warm - no problem with the sizing though.

nappadang

Über Member

I thought that too but I've not tested them as yet as it's still too warm. It'll be a shame if that is the case because my receipt will be long gone by now.:angry:
The Lidl equivelant are excellent and I have a couple of pairs of them so I'll not lose sleep

nappadang

Über Member
Having read the recent comments on this thread about the Aldi winter trousers I decided to give my new pair an outing this evening. they are certainly too warm to be worn at present, though it looks like change is afoot.
As I suspected and others have suggested the padding is far too far forward, leaving my rear end at the mercy of every stone, bump and pothole I encountered. for any form of cycling, recreational or serious these trousers are probably not fir for purpose. If, on the other hand you fancy a nets session with James Anderson firing a few of his infamous in-swingers toward your nether regions then you'd be able to leave the trusty old box in the kit bag, I'm sure.
A definite plus point though is the bulge factor!!! I couldn't care one jot if these trousers cause pain beyond belief, I'm keeping them. For once in my life I look adequate in the wedding tackle dept an it's all down to Alidi. Do you think I could get away with wearing them to the local, Over 40s Pie & Peas Dance and Needlepoint evening? I'd be irresistible!!

Top Bottom