Another Aldi cycling event coming up - 26Sep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Don

Regular
Got all the stuff I wanted which came to £39.96 but had to spend over £40 to use my mirror voucher, so ended up spending over 60 even after the fiver off. Doh!

Last edited:

RFATaff

Regular
Well I've had the brown shoes out and about today and I must say that I'm very pleased - very comfortable so well worth the £20

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I bought a winter jacket today and it feels quite good and fits well. - Excellent value for £16! The merino tops felt pretty rubbish though and false economy for £14(?). Maybe after a few washes the'd soften up, but they felt thick and scatchy. I've just bought an Endura Baa Baa and it feels a lot softer and thinner to wear as a base layer.. Nearly 3x the price though..

My merino top just arrived and it appears to be made from goat pubes. Itchiest thing I've ever tried on! Will be fine over a Lycra base layer as a middle layer on really cold days.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very happy with the merino base. Did the usual 10 miles in the morning, followed by a 20 mile return. Normally my synthetic base layers would be sweaty and a bit pongy, not so with the merino. Even leaves you smelling fresh. Good thing in my books.

There are different merinos here
There are the base layers top and bottom and a merino mixture shirt
I only had the former
I tried not to look at things I didn't need to keep temptation out of the way

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well I've had the brown shoes out and about today and I must say that I'm very pleased - very comfortable so well worth the £20
i hope your last longer than mine.twice the sole plate split just behind the spd bolt holes after 4-5 months.

400bhp

Guru
Very happy with the merino base. Did the usual 10 miles in the morning, followed by a 20 mile return. Normally my synthetic base layers would be sweaty and a bit pongy, not so with the merino. Even leaves you smelling fresh. Good thing in my books.

Bl00dy annoyed they didn't have any in medium or large in my local stores.:cursing:

Just bought 2 Helly Hansen base layers from Evans cycles and will buy a merino base layer from Planet X I think.

aces_up1504

Well got there first wear today.

Trouser no issues, padding not bad but not as good as my more high end ones but a 1/3rd of the price, they are a bargain. Might by a second pair
Jacket. No bad, maybe a little short at the back for me.

Buzzinonbikes

Just picked up some winter cycling "trousers" which are actually tights so look good, some spoke reflectors and some gloves. Really like the look of the gloves - was planning on getting some lobster style ones for deep winter but these look good for autumn and early winter!

Top Bottom