Another Aldi cycling event coming up - 26Sep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lesley_x

Über Member
I was impressed with the ladies' winter cycling trousers and went back for another pair. Perfect fit, warm and comfortable. I got another pair of socks and some arm warmers.

The winter jersey (mens' large) is quite small considering the ladies' large stuff fits me. That might be summat to do with my chest mind you :laugh:. The gloves seem decent quality for a fiver.

Why are the ladies' jackets pink/purple? :angry: I'm not 5 :angry:.

I know, the colour choices were pretty rubbish. I tried on the mens jackets and they did not fit well at all though, and the ladies fit perfectly, so I had to settle for lovely pink number. I took that as I thought it would be slightly more visible than the purple, which seemed quite dark.

D

Deleted member 20519

I had a guy in a car ask me where I got my spoke reflectors last night, he seemed very pleased that they only cost £5 :biggrin:

I was impressed with the ladies' winter cycling trousers and went back for another pair. Perfect fit, warm and comfortable. I got another pair of socks and some arm warmers.

The winter jersey (mens' large) is quite small considering the ladies' large stuff fits me. That might be summat to do with my chest mind you :laugh:. The gloves seem decent quality for a fiver.

Why are the ladies' jackets pink/purple? :angry: I'm not 5 :angry:.
I thought the ladies winter trousers were really good too. I bought the men's black top. Pink & purple - meh!

SamC

I thought the ladies winter trousers were really good too. I bought the men's black top. Pink & purple - meh!

They're great aren't they? I doubt you'd get a branded pair for under £40. I'm quite impressed with the quality of the top too. I just need to lose half a stone for it to fit comfortably over my chest :laugh:.

Tyke

GT85 - perfect timing as just running out. Socks, LED flashy bands and an extra HRM. The HR measured on the monitor seems to be about 10 beats lower than my Cateye one and reacts quite a bit slower to changes in effort. Not saying the Aldi one is wrong but there seems a difference. Can a monitor work but not count as many beats as it should do? I'll see if I can strap both on at once for a direct comparison :blush:
Checked HR monitor against Instant HR app on Android phone and gives exactly the same reading.

GT85 - perfect timing as just running out. Socks, LED flashy bands and an extra HRM. The HR measured on the monitor seems to be about 10 beats lower than my Cateye one and reacts quite a bit slower to changes in effort. Not saying the Aldi one is wrong but there seems a difference. Can a monitor work but not count as many beats as it should do? I'll see if I can strap both on at once for a direct comparison :blush:
I used to work in medical engineering
HR reading can be affected by voltages from the muscles
If they are both working well, they may average over different no of heartbeats

400bhp

Guru

david k

Hi
I didn't mean I was wearing mine, was talking about one or two upthread that were :tongue:

No, up to XL only.

ah right, i tried the xl last time and they were short in the arms, didnt even have xl this time

i used the arm warmers today and i loved em, really comfy

Tcr4x4

Veteran
ah right, i tried the xl last time and they were short in the arms, didnt even have xl this time

i used the arm warmers today and i loved em, really comfy

Used my arm warmers too, really nice. Kept my arms just the right temp, and they don't ache as much as they sometimes have done after a ride, so I think the compression aspect may have done some good too.

david k

Hi
Used my arm warmers too, really nice. Kept my arms just the right temp, and they don't ache as much as they sometimes have done after a ride, so I think the compression aspect may have done some good too.
i agree, arms wernt too cold so didnt need to wear them but they kept them a nice temperature and no aching, even in ride so i agree the compression seems to have helped, could have done with the leg ones too as i was getting cramp in my calfs tonight

Tcr4x4

Veteran
i agree, arms wernt too cold so didnt need to wear them but they kept them a nice temperature and no aching, even in ride so i agree the compression seems to have helped, could have done with the leg ones too as i was getting cramp in my calfs tonight

I was going to wear my legs too, but it was pretty warm, so didn't bother. In a way, I'm glad I didn't, as I think I would have been too hot, but on the other hand my legs are aching a lot at the moment, so they may have helped.

Top Bottom