Another cyclist down this morning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nutty1979

Saw the aftermath on whitechaple road (east London) this morning, right outside the hospital. The road was taped off for about half a mile and all cyclists were forced to dismount and walk past, All i could see was allot of medical mess, a helmet and a cyclist rucksack. I hope the person is ok and its not as bad as it looked.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ditto your last sentiments!

The hospital an A&E one?

Crankarm

Guru
RIP the cyclist. Apparently they lost their life at about 7am this morning. The cyclist may have been female hit by a left turning 7.5tonne lorry :biggrin:.

ChrisKH

Guru
I can't believe people are still going down the side of lorries after all the publicity so I await the details. Not that it will change anything for her family either way. RIP.

Crankarm

Guru
ChrisKH said:
I can't believe people are still going down the side of lorries after all the publicity so I await the details. Not that it will change anything for her family either way. RIP.

The cyclist may not have been going down the side of the lorry and likewise the lorry driver may not have overtaken and turned in on her. There is no information at this stage as to how the fatality occured.

I terrible way to go. RIP.

BigSteev

ChrisKH said:

That's exactly where the cycle path would put you on that junction. Which is why I don't use it.

ChrisKH

Guru
Crankarm said:
The cyclist may not have been going down the side of the lorry and likewise the lorry driver may not have overtaken and turned in on her. There is no information at this stage as to how the fatality occured.

I terrible way to go. RIP.

Well one or both of them did something wrong. And as I said it won't change anything for her family.

OP
OP
Nutty1979

Nutty1979

Just looked on google maps to see the junction where it happens, i've marked with a blue dot to where i see the aftermath. you can see where a bus lane starts. On the otherside of the bus lane is a market and small vans/ lorrys are always parking up there to unload for the market and they have to cross over the bus lane to park up. It is a very dangerous junction, i'll be sure to take extra care around there.

My heart goes out to her/his loved ones.

Top Bottom