Another cyclist jailed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think I read somewhere that this was another brainless brakeless wonder, but I didn't find the report again by searching newsnow because of all the reports of cyclists being mown down by motorists... so I guess at least it seems it's being reported somewhere when cyclists are hurt too, which hasn't always been the case.

JoshM

Good. He did something he knew he should not have been doing and injured someone as a result so he has been punished.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cars never or very rarely collide with cyclists. Mostly careless cyclists collide with cars. Don’t start shouting at me I only report what the media ( who could not possibly have made it up) say.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Just read the article i linked above. A preschooler was crushed under the wheel of a van, and the article styles that "knocked down".

The driver was found not guilty, thus you need to be careful how you describe the incident.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
The driver was found not guilty, thus you need to be careful how you describe the incident.

He used his van to kill a child who wasn’t even in the road. He’s an utter daffodil.

If they couldn’t convict him for that it’s because they brought the wrong charges.

ETA: Highway Code
Rule 145
You MUST NOT drive on or over a pavement, footpath or bridleway except to gain lawful access to property, or in the case of an emergency.
Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & RTA 1988 sect 34

If a cyclist can get 27 weeks in prison for injuring a child when riding where he shouldn’t, how on earth is it possible that a driver can be found not guilty for crushing a child to death when driving where he shouldn’t? There is something seriously farked up about this, and the highly politicised rhetoric used in reporting the cases hints at the underlying problem, namely a strong anti-cyclist agenda. It’s nothing to do with being careful how you report things, it’s all about absolving the mistakes of motorists.

Last edited:
Top Bottom