Another "e-bike" death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It is catching them in the first place that is teh problem

Only the people who are not causing a problem will stop when asked
Nearly hit by one last Thursday in Leeds. He was going the wrong way up a one way street, and he went sliding on the crossing trying to stop.
He "apologized" to me, but I think the bus going the right way, and stationary to my left is what made him stop.

If the local police can stop them long enough to get free lights fitted to them. They can soon get them.

Opposite Nando's is a meeting point for the delivery riders. Nearly every bike there is illegal. One you'd have trouble pedalling, as the cranks weren't at 180° to each other. The rider was using them to gain height.

tinywheels

Über Member
the slide into third world shithole continues lolz

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It is catching them in the first place that is teh problem

Only the people who are not causing a problem will stop when asked
Do it the same as for illegal cars and vans with a spotters and catchers checkpoint at a bottleneck. Any that try to u-turn when they see the checkpoint get caught by the spotters instead. It's an established roads policing tactic, but it's so long since I saw one for motorists, I doubt they'll do it for lightweight vehicles soon.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
saw an e bike riding along the pavement yesterday , looked like one of those fleabay kit conversions and the rider was doing over 20 mph easily as i was ticking along around 19 ish and it was pulling away from me .

Top Bottom