Another Recumbent tadpole trike build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Folks

Whist I am waiting for the bits to arrive for the quad/velo project , and looking at the spare pile of spare bits in the shed

This has materialized in the last month from some of the spares pile.

It started out with Direct Knuckle steering and has now been upgraded to Under Seat Steering , fitted L&R front disc brake steering and 7x3 gears - currently awaiting better weather to spray it .

It has been fitted with a new rear tyre , 3 NEW chains and a new freewheel

Currently awaiting its shakedown rides , before breakdown and spray then its ready for the off .

The seat blank has been fitted with medium density foam and trimmed with black vinyl

This version has been fitted with gussets between the main boom and the cross boom for a little bit more strength and for atheistic reasons and the multi function computer mount has been welded in place.
WP_20151221_002.jpg
WP_20151221_001.jpg
another2.jpg
another0.jpg

Photos
The seat trimmed after and before vinyl ( the "sponge" was trimmed to shape with an angle grinder )
Rear view , original concept with DKS , upgraded to a superior USS steering .

Currently waiting for the weather to improve or the workshop to clear so we can spray it .
The decals have been cut and are ready and waiting ..

Currently I am debating the main colour - The steering and rear suspension will be black and the crucifix will be in a contrasting colour

Unable to upload more photos as the site wont let me , second post will follow

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
here is the other photo
Stupid text editor would not accept additional tags despite allowing me to enter them
anotherfront.jpg

regards a myth-ed emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks

This is now up for sale as I have run out of space and need some space
Priced to go ...... at £375..... buyer collects from Peacehaven
Grab a bargain before its too late
It will fit in the rear of a mondeo estate in one piece .

sold Jan 17

regards emma

Last edited:
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
@neil earley

Not sure if I am spraying this one , it's only a build , unless ......

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Usually they are painted red 20 ( Italian racing red ) or red 27 a more orangey red . Not sure what is left in the rattle can box .The seat is being covered in black vinyl next week .
Hopefully I should finish the "unpainted trike " by the end of next week for some shakedown rides. Then I need to make a phone call.

later's Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
My kingdom for a piece of plastic conduit , well seriously , got on well today . The brakes and gears are cabled up , the extra tee nut inserted into the seat back for the head rest mount and all three calipers adjusted , even the pedals were fitted . The only thing that stops me fitting the three chains l have joined together is a foot length of plastic conduit for the chain return .

Monday morning assuming a pot of enthusiasm arrives by ten am will see the seat covered and the chain fitted.

photos will follow as soon as this phone works properly

Emma

Last edited:
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
WP_20171117_12_55_14_Pro.jpg

Eventually this stupid phone has realised it is connected to the wonderful "world wide web " , (it even post the previous post while complaining it wasn't connected )

Back on track here is the photo of the trike basking in the autumn sunshine less chains and covered seat , hopefully Monday I can make the telephone call.

Now I need to change direction as the car wants some love and attention this weekend and I want to get some miles in as well.
WP_20171117_12_55_29_Pro.jpg

rear view as well , found some tape to cover the cold steel for it's test ride next week.

later's Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Well .................................

Saturday morning found us trudging around B&Q to locate a piece of 20mm diameter black plastic conduit for the chain return , and a staple gun to secure the vinyl and foam on the seat , The only staples they had in stock was with the cheapest staple gun , Oh well if i break it it can go back after I finish the seat

:cheers: and lunch later :hungry:.

Rain has stopped play :rain: on both the car checking and triking:cursing: - and before anyone comments Yes old age has turned me in a fair weather triker :sun: ( unless I finish my velo:wacko: and fit it with a wood burner as well :sun: )

update ( rain is getting worse ) plenty of jobs to do indoors :sad:.

laters emma

Top Bottom