Another Recumbent tadpole trike build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
midnight oil burnt and the warm weather has started to harden the paint .
The " weeding " went well and the tack paper applied .

This morning saw the decals applied but it needs a little more time to harden.

the photos
WP_20180731_10_41_04_Pro.jpg
WP_20180731_10_41_15_Pro.jpg

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
@TheDoctor
This is the last trike build l will be doing for a long while , Mum's health is failing and l have a lot of other tasks that must take priority over hobbies and pleasure.
( might be the last one that l do )

l had some surplus parts at mums that I decided to put to good use .
This is a compact full size. Adult trike that could accommodate a six foot person with ease.

I don't take orders ,It puts me under pressure and takes the fun out of it .

Building the odd trike or two a year allows me to keep the grey matter working when l am not on 3 wheels.
Keeping active also helps to keep the diabetes under control

It will get advertised between September and the end of the year. Once it has had a few shake down rides .The value I would put on it would be around the £425- £450 mark ,

This basically covers all the parts I have used and l hope this thread gives the non engineering types an insight into what goes onto a trike build ( provides an interesting thread generally l hope )

This one being equipped with a rear rack , front and rear lights , mirrors and supplied with a set of diy mudguard stays . It can be upgraded to USS as the stub steering arm has been put on in case . a rear vee brake either as a parking brake or a rear brake can be added and the front brakes could be used from a modified brake lever.

The supplied pedals can be swapped by the user for spd types to eliminate leg suck , a well known problem with feet forward cycling.

Basically it will be advertised as a second hand trike without warranty .

The new parts include 72 spokes for the wheel rebuilds , new 3/16 balls for the 14mm hub conversion , front discs and calipers , 3 chains , brake and gear cables , a pair of steering rose joints , various nuts and bolts and an intermediate guide pulley.
This should make the transmission good for a few thousand miles

Adding the mudguard mounts and arms was an additional idea as someone asked how to fit your own mudguards.

I won't ship and it will be collection only so the new user can get to know how to maintain it themselves .

Any one interested can PM me of course

regards Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
That looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks Dave , The whole build was a lot of fun and gave me a break from thinking about some of the forth coming problems . It is basically finished now but does want a few miles to allow everything to bed in .
Mirrors , lamps and rack fitted and from the short distance l rode it before lunch ( shopping all afternoon ) everything is working as it should .

Next step is some long put off gardening ( and tree pruning ) that now must be done as well as some DIY and decorating.. I also need to make room at home in the garage to take my workshop home with me rather than depend on the workshop at mums.
Regards Emma

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
That looks...ruddy superb.
Right. I'm gonna have to sell a few of my bikes to generate some room.
When that goes up for sale, I'll be putting a bid in.
If only there was a train from Brighton to Stevenage :biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I bet it won't go in a Mégane hatch.
Assuming I gain permission, I'll look at getting it onto a train. I've managed it with an upright trike before.
You don't half get funny looks trying to reverse a trike out of a lift.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
The icing on the cake
A recycled fishing rod , practice golf ball and a flag , a threaded 6mm bolt to fit to the rear triangle brake mount and its done.

WP_20180807_14_41_39_Pro.jpg

With the rear triangle removed and the chain split (2 bolts ) the seat back removed ( 3 Bolts) the frame measures 35wide x 52 long .

regards Emma

Top Bottom