Another Recumbent tadpole trike build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
WP_20171120_11_28_01_Pro 1.jpg
WP_20171120_11_27_49_Pro.jpg
Hi Folks

The trike is assembled and has been out for it's test ride . All complete but waiting for shakedown rides and a paint job by its new owner . Originally this was a frame only build , but it's easier to build it to ride it , then disassemble it .
The trike will need tracking etc as well as final gear adjustments

current spec is a rear suspension trike with 7 speed , short cranks , USS , and discs on all 3 wheels .L&R with parking brake.

Later's Emma

Last edited:
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
@Scoosh , not quite that quick , I cut out the bits and got some of the photos in the previous week or so .
Being honest ,basically less than 3 weeks of 15hrs a week . Now perhaps I can get a few more miles in before the end of the year , and to meet / exceed my 2017 target assuming the weather stays dry enough, This old age lark is playing havoc with my body , unfortunately it's here to stay . So the doctor says , but what does he know ..

Later's Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
hijacked my thread again for another project a 20/20 rear suspension tadpole with DKS steering and disc brakes , whilst clearing the shed l found most of the bits to complete , so

a couple of taster photos.
front wheels still to be built ( rescued bits ) and frame ready to finish welding both bits together , life puts a dampener on time so ......

photos being worth a thousand words
here is the first few photos
WP_20180618_13_19_02_Pro.jpg
WP_20180626_10_49_10_Pro.jpg
WP_20180626_11_16_19_Pro.jpg
WP_20180629_11_49_07_Pro.jpg
WP_20180629_11_49_10_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Todays efforts were directed at the quando MTB disc hubs the first one I stripped down had a 12mm bore but luckily the other two were 15mm id so they were reassembled with 14mm spindles 3/16 balls (48) and new grease.
Nothing else exciting today as some other domestic chores , gardening and a couple of phone calls took care of the day. Tonight we had a 11mile ride out to the plough inn at Rottingdean for a half before riding home for supper . Although a good day .

Monday will be the next play day

Later's Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
yestersdays effort summed up in a photo .

recycled
WP_20180715_10_13_26_Pro.jpg
tubes (2) and the converted hubs , apt location for the photo.

regards Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
A business meeting with aunty angle grinder this morning and a pair of bmx wheels resulted in the wheels relinquishing their black rims , suitably cleaned , they have been rebuilt with the modified 14mm spindle mtb hubs , after tensioning and trueing , I have fitted the eastern burnout slicks and since the photo the rotors . Only waiting for my next delivery of time , it seems to be in short supply again .
So little time and so much to do.
WP_20180716_12_35_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20180716_18_36_14_Pro.jpg

Later's Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Well , today went well despite the high temperature and lack of a breeze .
The trikes final pieces of welding have been finished , the mudguard eyes on the front and the brake calliper mounts welded on along with adding a little more metal to the steering arm lugs .
Gears and brakes have been cables up.and despite the heat it has had the first of many test rides prior to strip and paint.
Who knows what could happen in the next couple of weeks.
WP_20180723_16_04_11_Pro.jpg
WP_20180723_16_03_58_Pro.jpg

regards Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi folks

Well, after an odd weekend of wind and rain , thunder and lightning and a few hours of windy sunshine . We did manage a few miles on the trikes so all was not lost .

Back on track today ( Monday ) Collected the paint and have stripped the trike for spraying . Most of the black parts ( except steering arms ) are painted , leave a little making good tomorrow on the handle bar assembly and main frame and then painting the main frame in primer then a few coats in ......... colour .
Lacquer to finish before adding decals

Decals to design and then cut .

Watch this space .....

Later's Emma

Top Bottom