Another Twitter twit..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He wouldn't have fallen foul of my employer's social media policy, that's for sure.

He would have with mine!

I'm more than happy with him losing his job - whilst simultaneously and genuinely hoping he gets another job as soon as possible. I encourage the concept of consequences for stupid actions, but hope they can be a learning experience rather than a perpetual punishment - unless of course he refuses to learn...

BigAl68

Über Member
What a nobber and horrible twitter name to boot. The cycling community are very social media savvy and out of a job in under 10 hours. I noticed it this morning on a friends Facebook and by the time I get home he's looking for a new job.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
See, that's the thing...a private joke is a private joke and I've no objections to any joke really. I believe in complete freedom of speech, but he's brought it on himself. He had a couple of thousand followers and I'd imagine that some of those are work colleagues. As he works in financial services, I'd bet that some of those colleagues will have clients in their own social media circles. Financial services, especially the firm he works for, are very aggressive when it comes to winning business and they really will do anything it takes (within the law, ahem) to win business, so once the media got involved and started digging around with his family, friends and employer, the employer wouldn't have been left with much of a choice, because even the smallest articles will name age, area lived in, occupation and employer. I think it's probably fair to say that there were enough links between him and the employer to warrant embarrassment on their part and I don't know of many companies who'd be keen on customers using other brokerage firms for any reason at all. He'll get another job easily enough though, presuming he wants one.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is it likely that Mr Qadar will have done so? I doubt it. He doesn't seem the type to follow the news.

I would think that anyone who is a twitter user would have been aware. If not the Emma Way case but of other cases.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I would think that anyone who is a twitter user would have been aware. If not the Emma Way case but of other cases.
Yes, I suppise you would hope so. I wonder how well news of these cases spreads via Twitter itself?

Top Bottom