Another Twitter twit..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I would think that anyone who is a twitter user would have been aware. If not the Emma Way case but of other cases.
I'm a big twitterer I follow a lot of cycling types and a lot of the bolshier end of the market who love a good indignant retweeting session. In all honesty I couldn't tell you one single name other than Emma Way that have posted this sort of guff & TBH she wasn't my first thought when I saw this start to pop up.

I think you hugely overestimate the impact these sort of people continue to have and the duration of their 15 minutes of fame. This guy will be a chip wrapper tomorrow too.

Crankarm

Guru
Can't spell. Jokes about school kids and vaseline, defends rapists, possibly racist and thinks hit and runs are funny. Would you employ him?

Well any potential employer who does a quick google/twitter/facebook search for him might decide to employ some one else. A bit ironic he worked for a stock broker and now the value of his stock is junk status. Oh the irony. I mean he chooses a user name of Ray Pew and jokes about hit and running a cyclist. Not a very nice person imho. No sympathy I am afraid. What a nobber.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
He would have with mine!

I'm more than happy with him losing his job - whilst simultaneously and genuinely hoping he gets another job as soon as possible. I encourage the concept of consequences for stupid actions, but hope they can be a learning experience rather than a perpetual punishment - unless of course he refuses to learn...

A lot of people would agree with that, but the internet will never let him live this down.

I'm told many prospective employers do a social media sweep to see what the candidate's been up to.

This guy is the architect of his own misfortune, so no sympathy.

But while he remains unemployable, he's bound to become a drain on the benefits system.

So all those celebrating his sacking should make the most of it, because you will be paying for it.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Doubt he'll be out of work for long to be honest. Financial services is a cauldron of disrepute and he's got one of the biggest firms in the country on his CV to blag about in interviews. A lot of companies scour social media, but you'd be surprised by the amount of company's out there who aren't internet savvy in the slightest. Plus, if a high profile convicted rapist can continue a career in boxing or football with the tiny issue of social stigma attached to him, then a virtually unheard of non-convicted poor taste joke merchant with friends and family crusading to push his 'actual' niceness on the world will be fine.

Top Bottom