Another womens saddle question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I tried that saddle and it was expensive and not very comfy - the top layer came off quite quickly after a couple of 20 mile rides- it feels very long in the nose and I personally found the Spesh more comfy. I do have it somewhere, you are more than welcome to trial it and if you like it buy it but if you're happy with the Spesh stick with it.

Yes the diva thing is a tad annoying!!

I still struggle to find a decent saddle that fits.

vickster

Legendary Member
My ample behind likes Bontrager saddles quite a lot - I had one of these on the nicked bike which I liked a lot :angry:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bontrager...sure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item415e5dc83b

I have one of these on my road bike which is comfy (to be fair, only done 40 miles as a max)

http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/store/product/25393/4ZA-Stratos-Ladies-Saddle-White/

Do you have a Specialized BG fit place nearby? Maybe get them to measure your sit bones?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Just double checked and that isn't the one I have - will have to dig it out and see what it is!!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
The Bontrager that Vickster linked to wasn't too bad - was comfy for a while and then stopped - I think I need to re-look at my set ups.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Just double checked and that isn't the one I have - will have to dig it out and see what it is!!

This is the SLK...

21995.jpg

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I know there are several posts on the forum about this topic but not much recently so just wondered if any of the ladies have some new saddle advice to offer. Yes. I know it's a very personal decision but it's a minefield trying to choose. So here's my problem - gentlemen do not proceed beyond this point - LADIES ONLY QUERY.
I'm upping the miles more now doing around 70 a week including a weekend ride of 30. Doing a charity 50 miler in June. Last few rides have resulted in chafing. I wear good quality bibs, use chamois cream and have even tried tilting saddle nose down slightly. Still no better. So any ladies got thoughts on a good saddle? Budget up to around £50 max.

I have the one that came with my bike - a Specialized Lithia Comp. I'm not going to say I don't get sore, but I find it a lot more comfy than saddles on my previous bikes.

The other benefit is that I have very chunky thighs and they tend to rub on the outside of wider saddles, never had that problem with this one.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I decided I didn't like the open cut-out of the SLK so I ordered the SLR in the end:

SD336-zoom.jpg

I would have it already if they hadn't sent me the men's version by mistake. Which was not only disappointing after I pedalled eagerly to the post office depot, but additionally galling as it is a better looking saddle due to the absence of stupid pink girly logos. I toyed impatiently with the idea keeping it, but did the sensible thing in the end and sent it back for the swap, so I'm still waiting. pink or no pink, the quality of the saddles is a whole league above the Spesh ones, and I'm already pleased I went for it before I've even ridden the thing. If Mrs Giles's new saddle requirement is not urgent, watch this space for news of the SLR...

GilesM

Legendary Member
If Mrs Giles's new saddle requirement is not urgent, watch this space for news of the SLR...

That one looks good, and although Mrs Giles is not girly girly, she will be impressed by the pink logo thingy. Not too urgent, so I'd appreciate a TC test report, current saddle has a rip that will never get better and it was what came on the bike, and we're putting the bike through a weight loss programme as bits need replacing, saddle and seatpin are next on the list.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Arrived today :smile: but I was already too late for work to put it on. Weighs nothing, nicely made and looks good apart from the "Lady" logo on the nose. The other motif at the back isn't so bad, apart from being pink. Will test tomorrow over about 20 miles if it's not raining, and it will get a longer ride on the FNRttC this weekend...

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
TC - your photo-me-jig isn't loading properly.

I'm wondering if it's the same as the one I got- forget what it's called - I'm on the other side of the world so can't check.

Let me know how you get on with it.

My cyclist credentials are safe - I have been to an obscure cycling shop already and had a warm feeling seeing other road cyclists and commuters (a rare thing over here)

I think mine is the SLR - google search sort of tells me so...

I hate that swirly pink weirdness and the logo - why on earth put that crap on it - the men's version looks tons better.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arrived today :smile: but I was already too late for work to put it on. Weighs nothing, nicely made and looks good apart from the "Lady" logo on the nose. The other motif at the back isn't so bad, apart from being pink. Will test tomorrow over about 20 miles if it's not raining, and it will get a longer ride on the FNRttC this weekend...

I think they do a rare special edition version, on which the logo says, "Beer-swilling Radical Feminist" on it. :whistle:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Glad this thread's made a reappearance as I missed it first time around.

I've got the same as TMN - the Orbea version if the Selle Italia and while there's no chafing, there is a lot of soreness up front the following day, especially if I spend a lot of time on the drops (which I do). Riding it two days in a row is a tears-in-my-eyes nightmare.

Alas, a new saddle is way off budget at the moment so I'll try the suggestion of tipping the nose up to see if that helps.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Jo have you tried moving it forward on the rails? try this before tilting the actual nose of the saddle. See if it helps.

Top Bottom