Another womens saddle question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Pissing with rain here today so the new saddle is at home on the shiny bike, as yet unridden :sad:. Looks nice though.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Well I haven't done any serious miles on it yet but I'm chuffed thus far (although sadly it doesn't look like the "Lady" logo peels off). I reckon it looks nice:

New-Saddle-001.jpg

New-Saddle-003.jpg

The leather texture/finish is good to sit on - you neither slide about or cling to it - and the quality of the stitching etc is good. It's a fairly firm saddle considering that they bang on so much about gel, but I prefer that to a squidgy one.

New-Saddle-002.jpg

Following Giles's astute anatomical observations - it's all about the cut-out, and there's quite simply nothing to cause any unwanted pressure, whilst being plenty of support in the width of the saddle, where needed for the sit-bones.

New-Saddle-004.jpg

The nose is slender but not flimsy. It's light and lean - leaner than the Diva. Which I suppose is what you are paying for:

New-Saddle-006.jpg

New-Saddle-007.jpg

Now all I need to do is write to Selle Italia and put a stop to all this pink nonsense...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Bumpetty-bump!

I've done a fair few miles on the SLR now, and am pretty happy with it. It's a firm saddle - you don't really notice any "gel" effect - but the shape seems very well designed for comfort. I realise now that the Spesh Ruby was quite flexy in comparison, although it failed along the bit that flexes. I've had to tilt it a little further forwards than my other saddles, which I usually run almost level, and that has sorted out any early comfort niggles - whether that suits other people will depend a bit on riding style, I guess.

Naturally I have blacked out all the absurd swirly pink things, and written to Selle Italia to tell them off, but I will stick with this one, I think.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
So... Selle Italia sales reps agree that the logos on their women's saddles look shite, and won't be seen riding them. Still, prompt and friendly response.

First of all thank you for the preference accorded to Selle Italia Products.
I passed your interesting comments to the marketing dept.

In the other side I can tell you that I rode (I am a male rider) one SLR Lady Black because very comfortable for my anatomy, blackening out cosmetics !!!
I wish you enjoy many miles on your saddle …

Thanks and kind regards

Paolo SimionatoSales Manager

At the risk of incurring your wrath TC, what is the problem with a little pink detailing? Or a little swirly detailing? I think the pink is quite tasteful, I'm quite fond of pink.
And anyway, nobody will see it when you are riding the bike!!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
1629316 said:
Only coz he is not a gurl*. Have you also written to Brooks about the ludicrous old lush limited edition

* limited edition Crank spelling

Shouldn't men who are confident about their sexuality be blasé about pink stuff? Anyway, he can't possibly be any more mortified by it than I am, so I don't buy the excuse.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
At the risk of incurring your wrath TC, what is the problem with a little pink detailing? Or a little swirly detailing? I think the pink is quite tasteful, I'm quite fond of pink.
And anyway, nobody will see it when you are riding the bike!!

Easyforyoutosay - no-one's targetting this patronising nonsense at you. I'd be more relaxed about it if it were optional - Charge do a version of the Ladle with some swirly funny-coloured crap on it, but you can choose a plain one instead. But there's nothing to stop you getting one, now that we have established that they can be comfortable for men...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Bumpetty-bump, for anyone who's still interested. Despite previous good reviews, I might not take the Selle SLR on the LonJOG. I haven't been doing a lot of miles lately, and probably haven't done much more than 80 at a time on this saddle, but my unscientific observation is that it might be a 60-mile saddle. The big cutout thing is essentially a trade-off - by which I mean that it's the saddle you want while you are pedalling, but not the saddle you want your weight on after the charms of pedalling have worn off. I'm toying with getting another Ruby. I'll just shut my eyes when the bank statement comes through.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
1832659 said:
I'm planning on taking two saddles for LonJog as that is my major concern for having a miserable time and I reckon a change might be a rest.

That, Adrian, seems like a good idea.

Top Bottom