Any 1 selling Internal Di2 Groupset??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HovR

Über Member
I was suggesting them as a way to route cables externally on the frame if it was required. Just bouncing idea around...

Hmm.. I'd suspect that unless OP were to run a full length cable (which would deteriorate shifting, especially on the rear mech) using those in replacement for outer cable bosses wouldn't hold the outer cable solidly enough, leading to minor movements which would be enough to throw indexing completely out of sync.

Just a suspicion, happy to be proved wrong! Have to admit it's a very nice frame though, and it looks like a bargain with that chainset for £300.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Hmm.. I'd suspect that unless OP were to run a full length cable (which would deteriorate shifting, especially on the rear mech) using those in replacement for outer cable bosses wouldn't hold the outer cable solidly enough, leading to minor movements which would be enough to throw indexing completely out of sync.

Just a suspicion, happy to be proved wrong! Have to admit it's a very nice frame though, and it looks like a bargain with that chainset for £300.

Fair point, and all very valid.... just bouncing ideas around to try to help the fella :thumbsup:

HovR

Über Member
Gorilla glue hahaha

Actually.. If the adhesives on those cable guides that VforV linked is strong enough to take the tension put on them by the cables, then gluing the outer cables on to the cable guides may just work! :laugh:

Not very practical when it comes to changing cables, though!

HovR

Über Member
Silly question maybe bur Can u buy braze on bosses??

Where are you based..? Maybe one idea would be to see where the closest carbon fibre bike repair place near you is, and see if they can fit some cable stops to allow you to use mechanical shifting.

Here's an example of the sort of work that can be done, so I'm sure fitting cable stops is perfectly possible for the right price.

OP
OP
johnno1812

johnno1812

I mean I've still got to buy a groupset and wheels etc yet. You think it would be worthwhile doing it? Was consider selling and maybe trying a cube agree.

HovR

Über Member
Oldham near Manchester buddy. So do you think this type of job would be expensive?

To be honest, no idea. The guys I linked to are a few miles below Derby so it may be worth ringing up to see if they do that type of work, and how much it'll cost.

That said, the least hassle way would just be to sell off the frame you have at the moment. I'm sure if you sold the chainset separately you'd be able to regain your money if not a little bit more. FWIW I know someone with a Cube Agree and they're really happy with it.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I think the simple fact is, you are either going to have to put your hand in your pocket and pay up for an electronic groupset (for DI2, V stated a fair price, £1200 for the group 2nd hand, or look for Ultegra DI2), or bodge something to work which might end up costing as much when you start adding up all the little bits and bobs.

Personally, I would just pay up for the groupset, or accept you can not afford it and sell up and try again with a complete package. Building a bike is fun and rewarding, but it is also a minefield of additional costs you don't realise until you are familiar with bike maintenance, e.g. you will need all the tools to install everything for 1, torque wrench and bits, bb tool, chain whip and cassette tool, appropriate cable cutters for cutting the inners, etc there goes possibly a couple of hundred pound. You could pay someone else (LBS) to assemble it I guess, but it is still money!

OP
OP
johnno1812

johnno1812

Failing that does anyone know of any other electronic groupset on the market. The seller suggested Campagnolo Athena??

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Campag do 3 electronic groupsets, Athena, Record and Super Record, Athena being the bottom of the EPS tree, but you are still talking £1700 new, so probably close to a grand 2nd hand.

Top Bottom