Any 1 selling Internal Di2 Groupset??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
johnno1812

johnno1812

I asked that question Nd he said it wasn't to do with the cables bending. It was something the cables need to mount to

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I might be able to sort you out a good price for Shimano 105 shifters and front and rear mech fairly soon. Front mech is band on though where the previous install looked like a braze on.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Braze on attaches directly on to a little mount on the seat post tube. Band on is a band that goes around the seat post tube and attaches via a bolt on the other side. Will try and do a couple of pics.......

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Is a nice looking frame.. really like the section round the seat tube.:becool:

I can't see why you could'nt run mechanical shifting on that, the only thing which jumps to mind as a possibility is internally it has routing which features bends which are to extreme for cables.
All this would mean is that you would have to run the cables externally on the exterior of the frame. Fact is some people have to run Di2 on the frame, so why not consider doing the same for cables.

Would be interested to know why the mechanic thinks mechanical shifting can't be done on that frame.... Just over a year ago, people were saying you could not run Di2 on MTB frames, now K-Edge sell a conversion.

Possibly no bosses or places for the ferrules to sit in to pull against.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Possibly no bosses or places for the ferrules to sit in to pull against.

Fair point, hard to see from the pictures :sad:

Mr Haematocrit

Error 500 :sad:

Try this, this is what they look like. Stick them on your frame and the wires push in

CY7983.jpg

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/1307...ixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

Mr Haematocrit

I was suggesting them as a way to route cables externally on the frame if it was required. Just bouncing idea around... I'm going to have a chat with a mate tomorrow who knows how to get round most things about the bosses see if he can offer any insight

Top Bottom