Any Air Gunners?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I never do pigeons anyway, always clays. I've never tried 24g carts, I know a lass who uses them because she's diddy, but shes a demon shot. I might try and get a go.

Brads

Daystate Mk4is

Awesome piece of kit and deadly accurate. Has accounted for an awful lot.

Shoot Rimfire and centrefire as well but have loved Air guns since I was a child.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Parker Hale 22 12 foot lbs with a suppressor and a Chinese make (SMA) as well. Another 12 foot lbs. Good for target practise and ratting.

I gave my old BSA Meteor .177 to my brother in law years ago, there is just nowhere to use it in the city. I had a lot of fun with it in my teens and it probably accounted for my high score on a cadet force walking range with popup targets using a too heavy and powerful 7.62 SLR rifle.

Drago

Legendary Member
This thread gives me ideas (not shooting cats)

Too feckin hard to get guns here
Although I believe the regs on pistols are rather less onerous there and on the IoM.

I gave my old BSA Meteor .177 to my brother in law years ago, there is just nowhere to use it in the city. I had a lot of fun with it in my teens and it probably accounted for my high score on a cadet force walking range with popup targets using a too heavy and powerful 7.62 SLR rifle.

Aye, my Dad was a cavalry officer back in the day and taught me to shoot on an old BSA. When I joined and we did our basic weapons training I qualified as marksman first go, and every year after that. Throughout my entire career I was able to wear the crossed rifles badge. I think in my first year it was worth 6 or 7 extra quid a week too.

Last edited:
Although I believe the regs on pistols are rather less onerous there and on the IoM.

Aye, my Dad was a cavalry officer back in the day and taught me to shoot on an old BSA. When I joined and we did our basic weapons training I qualified as marksman first go, and every year after that. Throughout my entire career I was able to wear the crossed rifles badge. I think in my first year it was worth 6 or 7 extra quid a week too.
Do modern soldiers get introduced to shooting with air rifles or rimfire? Would be a cheap and easy way, as usually recommend for anyone starting out.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions

Anything over 1 Joule requires a FAC, may be similar on IOM

sight-pin

Veteran
Daystate Mk4is

Awesome piece of kit and deadly accurate. Has accounted for an awful lot.
I had the original Daystate with the brass reservoir and terrible trigger which was just made from plate steel, soon made a better one.
Very accurate i agree. Wasn't they made originally for the pest control trade?

Drago

Legendary Member
I just caught the dying days of the SLR before the .556 appeared. We were taught on SLRs sleeves down to .22 centrefire. They were accurate and realistic, but prone to stoppages because the .22 cartridge didn't create enough gas pressure or volume to reliably cycle the heavy parts of the SLR. No sooner had we completed our training than the 556 was issued anyway.

Anything over 1 Joule requires a FAC, may be similar on IOM
Any pistol over 6 ftlb is banned entirely here, and becomes a prohibited firearm. I think you're right, you can get them there but on FAC. Of course, the definition of pistol is a bit woolly, and differs slightly dependent on what part of the firearms regs you're looking at. More kneejerk, poor regs.

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I use to do field targat and 10m pistol

Attachments

• sreyrlg100.jpg
    sreyrlg100.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 11
  • falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 10
  • tx200.jpg
    tx200.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 11
  • targetpistols.jpg
    targetpistols.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 10

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Webley Raider 10 Birmingham made in .22 flavour, needs new seals which I will install over the winter.
BSA Super 10 .22 FAC
SMK PP700W .177 pistol for garage target practice
HW45 .177 ditto
BSA Supersport in .22 which was my Grandad's
BSA Cadet Major in .177 from the 1950s.
BSA mk1 Meteor in .177

Don't seem to get out with them very much these days, I enjoy shotgun shooting too much.

Top Bottom