Any airline pilots here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Got a question for you: when you're slightly unwell, perhaps a mild cold or something, do you still go to work or call in sick?

I know many who have office jobs and have a mild cold and still go to work,I just wondered if pilots are allowed to fly even when slightly unwell.

screenman

Legendary Member
I would hope they do not.

Drago

Legendary Member
Depends on how bad you are and whether you're taking medication. A slight sniffle or sore throat won't make a pilot unfit, but of they feel grim enough to take Old Doc Van Winkles Extra Snoozy Flu Remedy then its time to stay in bed.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Got a question for you: when you're slightly unwell, perhaps a mild cold or something, do you still go to work or call in sick?

I know many who have office jobs and have a mild cold and still go to work,I just wondered if pilots are allowed to fly even when slightly unwell.

When i sneeze whilst driving i hate it can you imagine sneezing whilst flying a jumbo

Profpointy

Legendary Member
What if you are only going to "Paris"?

Well duh, obviously you've got to be well enough to type in the correct destination, but anyway, you can just nip out the back and check one of of the passenger's ticket if you can't remember.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
paramount-11729-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1483994508346._RI_SX940_.jpg

Which CC'er is going to step forward?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
All the have to do is type in "New York" and hit the "go" button. They can snooze or read a book for the next 8 hours so having the odd sneeze isn't really a problem. They don't have to hold the steering wheel tightly at all times you know

just like cruise control then

nah take a day off its easier

Welsh wheels

Lycra king

It would be just dangerous to drive with a common cold as it would be to fly a passenger plane. Most of the time the plane is on autopilot and you don't have to do a lot, and plus there are two sometimes even three pilots if your cold was to suddenly get a lot worse.

Top Bottom