Any airline pilots here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
That wouldn't matter if cold-sufferers were disciplined with using a handkerchief and washing their hands and their colleagues were also disciplined about washing their own hands and not touching their noses and eyes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
I would like to think the decision is the pilots end of story. An employer should not take the huge risk in making pilots fly if said pilot didn't think he/she wasn't fit.
Im with you and would also like to think so also but I'm not sure how much of that is reality.

spen666

Legendary Member
All the have to do is type in "New York" and hit the "go" button. They can snooze or read a book for the next 8 hours so having the odd sneeze isn't really a problem. They don't have to hold the steering wheel tightly at all times you know

Does this mean bus drivers are more qualified, especially as bus driver has to sort out the destination boards on front of bus

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I would like to think the decision is the pilots end of story. An employer should not take the huge risk in making pilots fly if said pilot didn't think he/she wasn't fit.
I can imagine what Michael O'Leary would say...

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I can imagine what Michael O'Leary would say...
I dont think it'd bother him... if a pilot chooses not to come into work at Ryanair, that pilot merely loses the chance to earn his or her sector pay for that day. Someone else will earn it instead.
On the wider OP, it's entirely a pilot's (or their doctor's) decision whether he or she is fit enough to work, airline management don't try and cajole or encourage someone to come in. The pilot reports sick, their rostering department get another pilot, it's as simple as that.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Does this mean bus drivers are more qualified, especially as bus driver has to sort out the destination boards on front of bus

And they have to, like, take the money and everyfink. And press that special button to lower the bus down at bus stops.

screenman

Legendary Member
I hate those heros.

They love to come into work when they are sick. The following week, half the production floor is sick with the bug they brought in.

If you are sick. Stay at home. You dont get bonus points for coming in.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments and use that rule for myself many unfortunately cannot afford to.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
All those other people who get infected cannot afford to either.

We're only talking about a cold ffs. Man the-f up !

My rule of thumb is if I'm not ill enough to cancel my going away weekend plans, then I'm not ill enough to skive off work. I have taken sickies, but was proper poorly. I have also sent team members home, as well as once going in when proper sick as I had a load of shyte to finish the day before my holidays. I still went on holiday, but if it had merely been a weekend away I'd have not gone and take a sickie

Top Bottom