Any boater or sailing enthusiast's ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You need to elaborate.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I don't wear them anymore

1582994388247.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have had too many boats starting with Canadian canoe and going on to dinghys and then keelboats. Had to give up sailing as other commitments meant I could not use the boat enough to justify the amount of work involved. A Wayfarer was my favourite dinghy and Hunter 19 was the fastest keel boat. This is probably why I have no money tho’ keeping a boat where I live is relatively cheap. We used to lay our own moorings until the Crown Estate got their grubby hands on the area and everything is now organised with trots of moorings and a marina which is really a floating caravan park with water and electricity laid on.

Duc gas

Über Member
Only learned to sail 5 years ago and absolutely love it.... just back from a few days sailing from Gibraltar to Malaga. Haven't invested yet but looking for a boat share possibly in Greece. Been slightly put off with maintenance costs and as the saying goes.....

If it flies,floats or xuckx ,rent it 😂

screenman

Legendary Member
Played on the water for over 40 years power and sail, not doing much now but who knows what the future will bring. One thing I know is boat stands for bung out another thousand

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Was involved with power boats through water skiing.
When I hung up my skis, I concentrated instead on boat driving for tournaments. Drivers being licenced based on ability and experience, I worked up from club level, regional, national and finally international.
When I gained my International licence there were only six of us in the UK.
I had some good times and made many friends within the sport.
I believe much of the boat control is computerised these days, bloody wusses!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Lots, since the age of six. I've been in some terrible scrapes but I love it.

Useless fact alert: Did you know that the average time that privately owned boats are used is 40 minutes per year?

I can easily believe the 40 minute fact for sure

You need to elaborate.

I have just been amazed at the costs involved and how much use the average owner gets out of them .

Top Bottom