Any boater or sailing enthusiast's ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Another Mirror dinghy owner here. I also have a 10' rowing dinghy and a part-finished self designed/built 7' one (part finished coz I cut the bottom out to modify it after the first river tests showed it wasn't as stable as I'd like)

I loved it when I got out regularly but sadly none of them have been used for a few years and I probably should sell up (space for more bikes.:whistle:)

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
A photo i took a few years ago, Sailing in the solent, Part of Fishers Green sailing club.
1583351083801.png

Exlaser2

Veteran
Have owned and raced a number of dinghys ( lasers , supernovas, Lightning’s and British moths )over the last 25 years . Still love it as much as I did when I started. I race most sundays all year round and Wednesday evenings in the summer at a small club in leamington spa 😀

gavgav

Guru
Another Mirror dinghy owner here. I also have a 10' rowing dinghy and a part-finished self designed/built 7' one (part finished coz I cut the bottom out to modify it after the first river tests showed it wasn't as stable as I'd like)

I loved it when I got out regularly but sadly none of them have been used for a few years and I probably should sell up (space for more bikes.:whistle:)
That Genesis would fit in one of those gaps nicely :okay:

Exlaser2

Veteran
As a side issue and as a blatant plug for my club . If anyone ever fancies a go sailing in none threatening environment just google leamington spa sailing club. We are a really welcoming and friendly bunch and really surportive of beginners. Plus we have a bar lol . What more could anyone want 😂😀

Last edited:

derrick

As a side issue and as a blatant plug for my club . If anyone ever fancies a go sailing in none threatening environment just google leamington spa sailing club. We are a really welcoming and friendly bunch and really surportive of beginners. Plus we have a bar lol . What more could anyone want 😂😀
If only i was closer.:cheers:

derrick

No one going to admit to being a rear admiral?
I was bar manager at our local sailing club. Thats pretty high ranking.🍻

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have a request today to get a price for someone to have his motor yachts fuel tank internally polished !!!

I was tempted to offer him some pledge :laugh:

snorri

Legendary Member
I can easily believe the 40 minute fact for sure. I have just been amazed at the costs involved and how much use the average owner gets out of them .
I've thought a little about this, the problem is boats are so conspicuous if on a mooring, in a marina or a dinghy compound that anyone passing by regularly can roughly estimate usage.
No one will ever comment on the bag of golf clubs , tennis raquet or running shoes stashed away for years in a cupboard at someones home.^_^

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Non threatening? You sail on a puddle! Having said that I have often sailed on the Avon in St Nics park (Sea Scout Leader). I used to race Fireballs and Darts in my youth, now it is Fevas or more often than not the safety boat.

snorri

Legendary Member
I've owned a few sailing vessels, National 18, Mirror, Flying 15, Achilles 24, Tiki 26, also crewed on Eventide, Tumlaren and the first 8metre Cruiser Racer built on the Clyde in 1951.
Present vessel is a home built yacht mooring lighter:smile:.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Non threatening? You sail on a puddle! Having said that I have often sailed on the Avon in St Nics park (Sea Scout Leader). I used to race Fireballs and Darts in my youth, now it is Fevas or more often than not the safety boat.
St Nics in Warwick ? If so, we have something in common as my first sailing club was Warwick, the site of which is where the sea scouts now use for boat parking . 😀

Top Bottom