Any coffee/espresso nerds on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
So, you are using 35g of beans. How much water are using with that? How long do you allow the grinds to "brew"?
I didn't expect The Spanish Inquisition FFS!

stephec

Legendary Member

MntnMan62

Über Member

You'll learn that the ratio of coffee to water makes a difference in the taste and strength of the coffee in the cup. Also, how long you brew the coffee for will impact those things. Brew for too short a time and you'll get watery tasting weak coffee. Brew for too long and you'll possibly get a way too strong bitter tasting coffee in the cup. I was just trying to help. But since you're not looking for help, I'll stop the inquisition.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You'll learn that the ratio of coffee to water makes a difference in the taste and strength of the coffee in the cup. Also, how long you brew the coffee for will impact those things. Brew for too short a time and you'll get watery tasting weak coffee. Brew for too long and you'll possibly get a way too strong bitter tasting coffee in the cup. I was just trying to help. But since you're not looking for help, I'll stop the inquisition.
I'll add those variables to an already large matrix.

SheilaH

Yep. I typically use 23g for two mugs of cafe au lait. You can try and help some people but when they don't want to answer questions it's kind of difficult.

I think I know your favorite blend

https://www.godshonesttruth.com.au/coffee/kennygblend

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Did you stir clockwise or anticlockwise @slowmotion?
I find standing on one leg helps, while humming The Dambusters theme tune. Two verses and a chorus and you‘re ready to pour. Careful though. Turn the mug so the handle is facing the window, not the wall.
If it gets this bad on a cycling forum, I dread to think what a Coffee Forum's like.

MntnMan62

Über Member
35 grams of ground coffee makes 700ml of cafetiere coffee at breakfast time. That works for me. If you don't like the idea, get down to Starbucks.

I can't stand Starbucks. That's why I make my own french press at home from beans bought from a small local roaster. Currently working through two pounds of Sumatra Takengon. And a 1:20 ratio? No wonder your coffee is weak. But hey. You know best.

Top Bottom