Any fellow modellers on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
[QUOTE 2441769, member: 9609"]<pedant>I doubt 'Arnolds Sands' had ever heard of a dumpy bag, nor measured anything by the cubic meter </pedant>
[/quote]

Well, the only other wagons to hand were Kelloggs and a milk tanker, so it was the best bet...

I thought N scale was cute until I discovered T-scale:

http://www.tgauge.com/

Oh my! I'm thinking about a starter set, maybe for Christmas. You can fit so much layout in a small space!

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Arch .. Please see your earlier comment re. Sight tests and glasses :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Arch .. Please see your earlier comment re. Sight tests and glasses :smile:

I know, I know! I reckon it's a hobby I should start sooner rather than later, before my eyes give up altogether!

The lady I spoke to from the company at the York Model show said there was a small single bogey loco in the offing, which would be my sort of thing rather than the HST type they have at the mo. So I may hold off a little longer...

TVC

I use to do Airfix aircraft and then moved onto Tamiya armoured vehicles.
This is a great site, http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/models/plastic-models/airfix/1-48-aircraft-kits/

I could get lost on that website. This particularly caught my eye:
http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/caldercraft-joffre-tyne-tug/

My dad was a radio operator on the Tyne tugs during the war (started age 15) One of their jobs was to tow bombed burning ships out of the harbour to deep water, scary stuff. Anyway he loved building model boats, I wish he was still around, because this kit would be on it's way to him now.

02GF74

Über Member
used to do Airfix many many years ago as a child then as an adult I moved on to full size by building a kit car and messing round with a land rover.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
yes, have got back into big time. did a spitfire with my 5 yr old and am just getting through 1 red arrow. I might do them all !

have a Vulcan ready to go but not sure if it should be operational from 60s or the Falklands paint .

have a westland seaking 771 sdn in the box ready to go
I really do love Vulcans in anti-radiation white and low impact roundels, all set to deliver their bucket of sunshine to downtown Moscow! A beautiful reminder of threatening and sinister times, now thankfully behind us, just as long as Kim Jong-Un and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad manage to rein it in a bit

Railway modeller in N gauge here. Don't have a layout yet but do have quite a few buildings to go on it when I get round to it (should be started next month hopefuly).
I've had a go at most aspects of modeling, worked in a model shop for a while.
currently working in 2mm (n gauge) in the coffee table

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I built a model cessna plane kit and fixed a glowplug engine to it 35yrs ago and 22 yrs later jumped out of a real one skydiving! I do have a rc helicopter I toy with and can it can be expensive for the spare parts if you damage crash it.........Just like any hobby or pastime (cycling).

Top Bottom