Any ideas how to refill Sarsons vinegar bottle (see photo)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 hasn't said if he's managed to part the bottle & bung though. He's just left it hanging.

Maybe he's tried one method and found it didn't work. You'd have thought he'd let us know which one in that case.
Dave7 has been out shopping and just got back in time to watch the football^_^. Sorry to let you down but the bottle is not yet empty......my question was part of my forward thinking strategy.
At the risk of being boring I will first try the sharp knife idea.
As stated previously I tried the SCUBA diving and the Everest ones... they failed miserably.

MikeG

Guru
So there is still some vinegar in it? Why didn't you say? Well, the obvious strategy is the one I outlined some pages ago, with bicarbonate of soda. The effect is strong and immediate.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
So there is still some vinegar in it? Why didn't you say? Well, the obvious strategy is the one I outlined some pages ago, with bicarbonate of soda. The effect is strong and immediate.
But as a psuedo Scouser (Merseyside) I do not want to waste any of this valueable commodity. You do know the Romans paid wages in vinegar dont you. OK during the great vinegar shortage of 107 AD they resorted to salt but......
So I will wait till its empty ^_^

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Salt, my good man, salt. Didn't you watch Monty Python? SALary.
Never mind Monty Python.....he talks rubbish. I, on the other hand always talk sense and my FACTS are carefully researched. You seem to have missed where I explained that salt only became valuable during the great vinegar shortage of 107AD.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Think laterally. Leave the bung alone and drill an auxiliary hole in the side of the bottle. Then fill the bottle with a further charge of Sarsons before capping the new hole with a delightfully retro cork. Drilling holes in bottles is a topic that has been exhaustively discussed by dope fiends wishing to make bongs. Lookee here....
https://www.instructables.com/topics/how-can-i-make-a-hole-in-a-glass-bottle/

classic33

Leg End Member
Think laterally. Leave the bung alone and drill an auxiliary hole in the side of the bottle. Then fill the bottle with a further charge of Sarsons before capping the new hole with a delightfully retro cork. Drilling holes in bottles is a topic that has been exhaustively discussed by dope fiends wishing to make bongs. Lookee here....
https://www.instructables.com/topics/how-can-i-make-a-hole-in-a-glass-bottle/
He's wanting to put another type of vinegar, not refill it with Sarsons. He could just buy another bottle of that.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Pick the plastic stopper out of the bottle with a sharp knife or other such implement. It does come out.

taking great care not to stick the knife in your hand whilst doing it

Mmm, I wonder if a corkscrew in the vinegar hole would be enough to yant ot out ?

MikeG

Guru
When did Scotland become a county of England? From another thread it illustrates the English arrogance and ignorance of geography.

Careful you don't get accused of not having a sense of humour. I think the rest of us spotted the intent immediately.

Top Bottom