Any (of the old f*rts) remember Cherry B?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I recall being in the WMC that Mum & Dad in law were members, Dad in Law and myself went up to the bar to get the drinks, we had two pints of Tetleys bitter, and his first words were to the steward your beers off, the reply was no it isn’t they brought Tetley Walkers by mistake, iirc it didn’t taste the same as Tetleys brewed in Leeds, which at the time was king in West Yorkshire, if you wanted bitter, then Carlsberg took over and killed the best money maker they had , we knew a few people who worked at Tetleys and they had an allowance per day, a lot saved it up and went in on the bus on a Friday , and could get cheap cans too
It did taste different. The Leeds brew was far superior. - And I say this as a Manc.

Cresta was a soft drink way back when. It wasn't nice and I remember how synthetic it tasted to me.
I remember that. It was proper offensive!

geocycle

Legendary Member
cyclechat has a fan of the stuff @I like Skol ….

I used to like the skol adverts of the cartoon vikings, skol, skol,skol, skol….

In fact I have a head of 1970s and 80s adverts.…. All at once you get the feeling, it’s an urge there’s no concealing… or, Topic, a hazelnut in every bite, I remembered!

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Seems to have made a comeback:

gbb

Legendary Member
I can remember my parents having cheese and wine parties back in the early 70's, where bottles of Blue Nun and Liebfraumilch were regarded as the height of sophistication.
We had a ritz and brie, beer and bacardi (not together) get together with old friends from N ireland on Friday evening in their caravan. Does that count ?
No nonsense people, open talk and discussion, good job i wasn't drinking, i probably wouldnt have survived their alcohol tolerance :laugh:

raleighnut

Legendary Member

DD was my favourite drink for A very long time.
I always imagined that it was terrible like a lot of the mass advertised pops of that time - never drank one though.
(late 70s I remember an american tourist in a pub on whitehall raising a glass to his lips and telling his wife what a great british pint he was being treated to - it was Watneys)

I always imagined that it was terrible like a lot of the mass advertised pops of that time - never drank one though.
(late 70s I remember an american tourist in a pub on whitehall raising a glass to his lips and telling his wife what a great british pint he was being treated to - it was Watneys)
Another example of how the British get to be world best at something and then let the money-men ruin it, see also: railways, Raleigh bikes.

Top Bottom