Any (of the old f*rts) remember Cherry B?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Im pretty sure you can still get skol,sure ive seen it somewhere recently.

Indeed, I have seen it in several supermarkets including Morrisons

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
On the same note,

I had a very interesting conversation with a bloke, who was buying little cans of Mackesons in Morrisons. I didn't even know they still made it.

I buy the odd bottle of Manns now and again from Home Bargains

Mrs V is partial to Woodpecker Cider (for xmas) and I can get that from Tescos in cans

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Mrs V is partial to Woodpecker Cider

I remember seeing this up on a wall and doing a double-take. I'm pretty sure it was withdrawn pretty quickly. Quite surprised (and delighted!) to actually be able to find it...

IMG_1089.jpg

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
A different beverage… As a teen, when we would go on camping trips, it was customary to always bring along a bottle or two of this… Stones Ginger Wine. It was unique to us in the States. One of us must’ve tried it on a whim. Then it became a standard camping beverage. I suppose everybody on this board is familiar with it? I always have loved ginger In any form. I wonder if this stuff was where it all started?

475A9437-5B51-4228-8729-3B1023B85596.jpeg

We used to collect bottles for the pop van man and get my money back.

I now collect empty soda and beer cans from the countryside while I am out riding. I take them to the supermarket and put them in a machine. I then get a reciept which I can spend in the supermarket.
We did that back in the 60's but that was with beer bottles. We got to know which pubs we had to take certain bottles back to . We were paid for the deposit and then spent the money on sweets, crisps and pop . It was a good system. The breweries got their bottles back and the pubs benefitted from the trade .

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Not noticed Stones Ginger wine about for ages. I will look next time I'm out. Cresta was a soft drink way back when. It wasn't nice and I remember how synthetic it tasted to me.

A different beverage… As a teen, when we would go on camping trips, it was customary to always bring along a bottle or two of this… Stones Ginger Wine. It was unique to us in the States. One of us must’ve tried it on a whim. Then it became a standard camping beverage. I suppose everybody on this board is familiar with it? I always have loved ginger In any form. I wonder if this stuff was where it all started?

View attachment 600681
I love the stuff, especially as part of a Whisky Mac. Crabbies is also a good ginger wine.

Another ginger fan here. Just had my daily porridge with fruit and dried ginger pieces in it. Delicious.

Top Bottom