Any (of the old f*rts) remember Cherry B?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
And to think. All I asked wae if anyone remembered Cherry B :sad:
I thought she was quite good actually,

View: https://youtu.be/L-dgdgstIZU

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I remember the alpine pop man of the area.... He was always rushing here and rushing there i always thought he was a Russian.
I used to boo the Alpine pop lorry.

We got ours from Schofield's.

I think I was probably jealous, cos Alpine's bottles and labels were so much cooler. Very early '70s, in fact. They would probably look horribly dated by now.

As for the deviants who got their pop from the Corona lorry... Well...

To be honest, by about 1974 the only pop I was having was corpy pop.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Dont forget the black forest gateaux

Quality bit of cake the BFG.

We had a 70's style meal last Saturday at home followed by a soiree for two!

Prawn Cocktail, Steak & Chips but we couldn't source the BFG so we substituted a nice chocolate dessert thingy from Aldi - the latter rendered the Liebfraumilch almost, but not entirely, palatable. :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Anyone recall that 70's 'it's frothy man' drink publicised by a polar bear in sunglasses?. Gawd, it was vile.....xx(
I remember Cherry B as a thing, but I have never drunk any, nor would I want to.

I seem to remember my mum having a bit of a Cherry B phase, before she reverted to the infamous "snowball", so beloved of ladies of a certain generation. Does anyone still imbibe "snowballs"?

Not sure we want to go there tbh. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 26715

Barrs Dandelion & Burdock, only ever had it went we went to my grandparents

In one job I had in the 60s one of my responsibilities was organising and admin of the monthly board meetings with about 12 members. In those days the boardroom was set up with a container of cigarettes between every two places, and the meeting finished with a meal and wine. Anything left over was regarded by my boss as a perk for us. I didn't smoke so he claimed any left, and we divided the bottles that had been opened and not finished between us. He always made sure that too many bottles were opened.

That's how I first started drinking wine and the one I remember was the Neirsteiner Domtal. Quite sweet so a nice easy introduction to wine. From there I progressed (?) to Blue Nun and Black Tower. Not so keen on the sweet stuff these days.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Anyone recall that 70's 'it's frothy man' drink publicised by a polar bear in sunglasses?. Gawd, it was vile.....xx(

The first few mouthfuls of Cresta weren't bad but whatever substance was used to make it frothy then congealed into small lumps of snot-like substance in one's mouth, which wasn't really a good selling point.

Top Bottom