Any (of the old f*rts) remember Cherry B?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dave7, 8 Jan 2019.

1. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

It is the only car barley wine I have ever drunk, as for mixing it with that stuff, wow!

2. wonderloaf

wonderloaf Über Member

That explains something I've been wondering about recently, I used to get bad hangovers sometimes even after just a couple of Stella's the night before, but now just feel generally crap without too much of the 'Stella head' and thought my advancing years had somehow made me more immune. Still a Spoons brekkie normally sorts it out (without the Stella that is).

3. Dec66

Dec66 A gentlemanly pootler, these days

Explain this, though. I went to Brussels a couple of months ago, spent my first day drinking all kinds of wonderful beers, and felt fine next day.

I carried on drinking wonderful beers all the next day, then ended up at a jazz club where I decided to drink draught Stella.

It was all going so well till then.

4. wonderloaf

wonderloaf Über Member

As my Dad would have said "That last pint must have been bad one Son."

raleighnut likes this.
  5. Oldfentiger

Oldfentiger Über Member

The Mansfield Sporting Club, in Peterborough, lost it’s drink licence due to repeated troubles.
    It was a snooker hall actually.
    You could buy bottles of Headlight, which I think was the first alcohol free beer on the market.
    Tasted like liquid cardboard.

Dayvo likes this.
  6. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Flying Stag,

1ed8804ba01d60bd3a05b71f5591495a.jpg

Nectar of the gods :cheers:

subaqua likes this.
  7. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Beebo and johnnyb47 like this.
  8. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Cresta, as stated above. Particularly funny when you put some sugar in a mates open can...goes off like volcanic lava flow :laugh:

captain nemo1701 likes this.
  9. dodgy

dodgy Guru

This thread is like a Brexiteer's wet dream.

SpokeyDokey, theclaud and nickyboy like this.
  10. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Oi, some of us remember the days when Britain was great and we were proud to be European with Fondue and Gateaux at dinner parties.

Rusty Nails likes this.
  11. Dec66

Hang on... Not quite there yet.

We need an glass coffee table with faux gold corners, and a great big eff-off Ronson lighter sat on it.

And onyx ash trays.

And a nice "radiogram" in the corner, looking like a faux teak sideboard, four speed turntable (16-33-45-78), twin speakers, a nice lid, and a four band radio (SW/MW/LW/VHF) with the positions of all those exotic forrin stations like Hilversum listed on them.

And a 26" Pye colour television, with push button channel controls. Eight of them. Despite there only being three stations, unless you were on the edge of a region like we were, so you could get HTV Cymru despite living in Granadaland.

Feel free to plonk yourself on to our Guy Rovers velour three piece, enjoy your Mackesons stout, and don't worry about dropping the fag ash from your Embassy King Size onto our swirly green nylon carpet, we'll just rub it into the pile (it's good for the pile, apparently). In fact, here's the Embassy catalogue for you to have a squint through, we're smoking ourselves to death to get the 200,000 coupons we need to go on the holiday illustrated by that BOAC Boeing 747 in there. Or maybe a slimming machine.

Try not to wrap your Hillman Avenger round the lamppost on the way home.

Last edited: 8 Jan 2019
  12. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

Stella is also a lower abv% than before.
    It was 5.2% back when it was wife beater, but is now 4.8%.

Dave7, raleighnut and NorthernDave like this.
  13. Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails We remember

Come off it. I am sure that if similar threads were started in other European countries about drinks from their past there would be the same sort of responses.

I haven't noticed anyone saying our drinks were better before we were in the EU.

Believe it or not there is a life outside the Brexit debate.

This thread has reminded me that we still have an unopened bottle of Cherry B that is at least 40 years old in our drinks cupboard.

wonderloaf and raleighnut like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Dave7

Dave7 Guru

And to think. All I asked wae if anyone remembered Cherry B :sad:

15. Dec66

The dangers of nostalgia...!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice