Any (of the old f*rts) remember Cherry B?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And people like me would discard the pineapple and eat the cheese :ohmy:
There were always some ... and those that discarded the cheese (or fed it to the dog!) and ate the pineapple!

I bought a little plastic thingiemabob which enabled me to make teeny tiny circular sandwiches also skewered on a toothpick and people went oooh and aaaah when they saw the three platters - one with cheese and pineapple, one with cheese and grapes, and one with teeny-tiny stupid sandwiches!

There were always some ... and those that discarded the cheese (or fed it to the dog!) and ate the pineapple!

I bought a little plastic thingiemabob which enabled me to make teeny tiny circular sandwiches also skewered on a toothpick and people went oooh and aaaah when they saw the three platters - one with cheese and pineapple, one with cheese and grapes, and one with teeny-tiny stupid sandwiches!
No prawn cocktail vol-au-vents?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My mother made them by the hundred. I remember all the prep for parties, but was banished to my room long before the first guest arrived. I have since learned that my parents parties were legendary. Our little garden all decked out with lights and tables. Boards down for dancing.

Making those darn vol-au-vents, all afternoon, with ma, along with other nibbles, has stuck in my mind. Cannot bear them!

No, but stack after stack of little things on crackers which usually went horribly soggy and slimy under whatever was put on them; I prided myself that mine didn't (much, or usually) as I 'sealed' them with cream cheese. Mushroom veloute in shortcrust cases; no prawns (and no puff pastry, either, until the late 70s) as I was in Saudi Arabia for much of the '70s - we got the most delicious, gorgeous caviar from Iran, until 1979 ...

Punkawallah

Über Member
Is it any surprise that no-one remembers pint cider with double vodka in it?

Standard ‘sloshed-sauce’ from back when we had less sense & more money . . .

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I used to drink in a pub years back and every day a guy came in at noon without fail order two barley wines read the paper why he drank them and left at one. Never spoke to anyone except to get his drink.

Someone should research how that bizarre fashion became popular.
Some deep undercover marketing by the pineapple marketing board?
Or someone who had bought half the world's stock of toothpicks to then find that most folk no longer picked their teeth?

Someone should research how that bizarre fashion became popular.
Some deep undercover marketing by the pineapple marketing board?
Or someone who had bought half the world's stock of toothpicks to then find that most folk no longer picked their teeth?
They are brilliant. They even fooled people into believing pineapples go well on a pizza or with ham & chips xx(

They are brilliant. They even fooled people into believing pineapples go well on a pizza or with ham & chips xx(
Well i was thinking of that example myself.
Pineapple on sticks with tiddly bits of cheese thought sophisticated.
Pineapple on pizza thought naff by middle class folk who claim to know about such things.*
All very odd indeed.
(*Who better not look too closely at some italian pizza toppings)

DRM

Guru
We lived within walking distance in the 60s/70s and knew a number of people that worked there..... and yes there were people that were bladdered by ten O'clock in the morning.
Strange fact. There was a pub right on the corner of the entrance to Tetley's that sold the most beautiful bitter and it was a Greenall Whitley pub. I used to go there Saturday night to watch the footy in colour as we only had black & white.
Ahh happy days.
I recall being in the WMC that Mum & Dad in law were members, Dad in Law and myself went up to the bar to get the drinks, we had two pints of Tetleys bitter, and his first words were to the steward your beers off, the reply was no it isn’t they brought Tetley Walkers by mistake, iirc it didn’t taste the same as Tetleys brewed in Leeds, which at the time was king in West Yorkshire, if you wanted bitter, then Carlsberg took over and killed the best money maker they had , we knew a few people who worked at Tetleys and they had an allowance per day, a lot saved it up and went in on the bus on a Friday , and could get cheap cans too

Top Bottom