Any other Yorkshire people on hear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
So, the North York Moors are not in Yorkshire ...? :whistle::laugh:

I and most of the people I know refer to them as the North Yorkshire Moors, yes they are north of York but its a good ride before you get to them, does anybody else refer to them as North Yorkshire Moors ? rather than North York Moors.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I and most of the people I know refer to them as the North Yorkshire Moors, yes they are north of York but its a good ride before you get to them, does anybody else refer to them as North Yorkshire Moors ? rather than North York Moors.
I think that North York Moors is what they are called on my OS map, but I do think North Yorkshire Moors sounds better.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Always just been Yorkshire Moors to me

howdenbiker

This part of East Yorkshire was known as Humberside for a while everyone hated it and it changed in 1992 I think, unfortunately Royal Mail have only just caught up!

Due to boundary changes, etc. there are some odd addresses

Eg; Parts of Sherburn-in-Elmet, such as one of my favourite cafes; 'Squires') are;
- in the District of Selby
- hence in North Yorkshire
- have a Castleford/Pontefract STD code (01977) - so West Yorkshire
- it has a Leeds postcode (LS) - so, again, West Yorkshire

Does anyone here have one of these?
I've seen them before, & keep meaning to buy one

classic33

Leg End Member
Due to boundary changes, etc. there are some odd addresses

Eg; Parts of Sherburn-in-Elmet, such as one of my favourite cafes; 'Squires') are;
- in the District of Selby
- hence in North Yorkshire
- have a Castleford/Pontefract STD code (01977) - so West Yorkshire
- it has a Leeds postcode (LS) - so, again, West Yorkshire

I've seen them before, & keep meaning to buy one
Skipton, North Yorkshire. Bradford, West Yorkshire postcode.

Venod

Eh up
Talking of boundary changes, this took me by surprise while cycling north through Eastoft (North Lincolnshire) on the Isle of Axholme.

WR.jpg

Top Bottom