Any PC gamers around?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I've watched a lot of their videos. If I ever get a bit full of myself, I watch them solving a super-hard Sudoku puzzle and that puts me in my place! :laugh:
I'm the same! Its fun to see how the professionals work out these puzzles and how fast they think. I'll never be anywhere near their level. Thankfully their computer game has puzzles I can cope with and plenty of variety too. :smile:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Im running it. but then again my PC is fairly beefy albeit the odd generation or two old. im getting about 30-50fps with the ultra preset in game at 1440p and its runs fairly smoothly

8600k thats been overclocked to 4.8Ghz.
16GBs DDR4 3200
GTX 1080Ti (so no RTX for me)

the game looks pretty good!

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Im running it. but then again my PC is fairly beefy albeit the odd generation or two old. im getting about 30-50fps with the ultra preset in game at 1440p and its runs fairly smoothly

View attachment 562977

8600k thats been overclocked to 4.8Ghz.
16GBs DDR4 3200
GTX 1080Ti (so no RTX for me)

the game looks pretty good!
Ok will get hold of a copy. I'm not blown away by RTX to be fair Battlefield 5 looks exactly the same on old gtx 1070 as new 3080? It just plays miles smoother.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Well it think RTX has more to do with lighting, shading and reflections. Things Like 'God Rays' or sunlight in certain parts of the map/environment and how they refract or reflect off things.

Naturally Cyberpunk has a lot things to do with lighting effects thanks to all the neon lights in game so having it turned on will look very very nice. Maybe youre not looking in the right places or stopping long to admire some of the views that are shown in BF5 because youre too busy looking for heads to shoot?

Check out this small review - It certainly adds a lot more detail to the game -- The only real downside is turning RTX on does eat into your frames per second so it is still very intensive.

(mouse over the pictures. the pictures are 'interactive' and have a slider that flips between rtx on and off in the images -- look for the black line in the middle of the picture)

If there ever was a game to have RTX on. Cyberpunk would be it.

Last edited:

icowden

Veteran
Anyone tried out Google Stadia yet? I'm on a free trial and it's pretty good as long as your internet connection stays strong.

Milzy

Guru
Comparison of a 2080ti and a 3080 here, substantial frame rate increases

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0q8f04CfFM&ab_channel=GamerInVoid

Haha. I got a 1660 super just for bang per buck. Fairly impressed really.

icowden

Veteran
I had an e-mail last month encouraging me to try it out. I've been playing Hitman deluxe. It works very well - as long as the broadband holds up.
There's a slight double payment issue in that you pay a monthly subscription of I think £9 a month, but then a lot of the games you have to pay a one off fee for as well. For the trial you get to choose one free game from a list.

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
I was just reading the post on bike price increases. That pales into insignificance compared to the price-gauging going on with graphics cards. Truly astonishing £2000 being paid for top-end models :wacko:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I was just reading the post on bike price increases. That pales into insignificance compared to the price-gauging going on with graphics cards. Truly astonishing £2000 being paid for top-end models :wacko:
It's not just new cards. Back in late 2017 I bought an 8GB RX 580, £283 including delivery. I could get my money back judging by the sold listings on eBay…!!!!

Top Bottom