Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
pootled round parkrun, finished 30 secs slower than last week but about 30 places higher up the order. That's the first week of my Hal Higdon 5km improvers plan. I never got past the third week last time, so, fingers crossed. No long run tomorrow. 100km bike ride counts as training though, right?

SWSteve

Guru
No, but I do own a garmin which I use for longer runs.
I might use it to see if it helps.
It might help to get an idea of what's going on, or you might race to the watch and not enjoy it so muc

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm a broken man. 100km in 1400m of climbing. Five hours moving is a tad slow but if you consider that my total cycling mileage of the year including this ride is 160km you'll understand the brokenness.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Good luck to anyone else doing the Stirling marathon tomorrow.
Eye of the tiger!:okay:

I wasn't sure which ParkRun I was heading to this morning, as it all depended on a response to my offering (on FaceBook) to loan a pair of SPD pedals to a member of Wakefield Triathlon Club
I decided on Pontefract (event 314) & was highly delighted to see my buddy Kirsty there,as her boyfriend is one of the Run Directors (she's a RD at Thornes Park)

Due to talking to her, & various others, it was near the back of the pack start, again
Spent a bit of time on the lap of the lake, slowing, side-stepping, etc..... All my own fault
Managed to pace myself reasonably, & felt quite happy, given present fitness/weight, for a self-timed 24:34 &, I think it was 'tag 57'
Have to wait for the officials

flatflr

Guru
Week update for me.

No running last weekend due to a mates stag do (I was the sensible sober(ish) one).
Monday 6 miles on road (bumped into an ex boss)
Tuesday 5 miles on road (bumped into one of the guys from the stag do)
Thursday 9 miles off road (soaked as it rained throughout the whole run)
Today (Sunday) 10 miles off road (similar route to Thursday and sunny^_^)

Giving a total of 30 miles for the week:smile:

Looks like good weather this week so will mic up the running with some time on the bike.

Tin Pot

Guru
Apart from Tuesday I've been lazy with only two runs this week, a tempo run with the club and VO2max intervals.

Was supposed to run for three hours this weekend but sat on the sofa instead. :smile:

Top Bottom