Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dark46

Veteran
I've now done 3 Park Runs and am really enjoying it. I've volunteered to be tail runner in a couple of weeks to do my bit, as with out volunteering there wouldn't be a Park run.

thecube

First race exactly 1 month from my marathon. I must say I was worried beforehand, I have felt pretty ropey since struggling to the end of the marathon. But, I have taken it pretty steady for 3 weeks and started to try and speed up over the last week. I think the rest was necessary and I accept that it will take a while to get back to were I was over the shorter distances. But it went fairly well, not much off where I'd hoped to be. It was an 8 miler and was expected the wheels to come off at the end but just kept going and rather surprised. Hopefully that's the end of the post marathon blues.

Ran Trunce #3 last night
Started too far back (only about 20 behind me), wasted time & energy passing people
Queued at the kissing gate

Here's an independent review;
https://runningscaredsite.wordpress...nice-considering-everything-trunce-3-tonight/

There's a couple of video links, in the text, below the pre-start picture taken off the railway bridge
Not active, so no trespass to take the pic, but it is ex-Woodhead Line, but now 'Trans-Pennine Trail'

SWSteve

Guru
Recovery run, how do any of you cope?

I struggle to be able to hold myself back enough that there isn't an 'effort' whilst out, but do feel better for having done it, but it's mentally taxing if nothing else...

thecube

I struggle to be able to hold myself back enough that there isn't an 'effort' whilst out, but do feel better for having done it, but it's mentally taxing if nothing else...

Well I don't really believe in such runs to be honest, they don't work for me (but them I am getting on a bit). If I am tired I recover by resting. Otherwise I view it as just another run and decide the intensity based in the other runs I have done that week and how I feel. But, I know plenty of runners that swear by them.

SWSteve

Guru
Well I don't really believe in such runs to be honest, they don't work for me (but them I am getting on a bit). If I am tired I recover by resting. Otherwise I view it as just another run and decide the intensity based in the other runs I have done that week and how I feel. But, I know plenty of runners that swear by them.

I found it helped my Achilles which had flared up the night before feel much better. I don't really understand the point of them, I think it's just spending time on feet, but I may be wrong

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist

If you have a smartphone, put an app on it that allows you to set a pace, or an HR zone. I use Samsung Health, as it came with my phone - the "Endurance Builder" programmes are frustratingly slowly paced, but do get me to slow down. You can create your own programmes too.

I'm not a competitive runner, but two unpaced 5ks (Mon, Wed), followed by a ~10k (Sat) paced by Samsung Health (much slower than even my usual pace) each week generally results in a quicker run on the following Monday for me than 3 unpaced 5ks on Mon, Wed & Sat does.

SWSteve

Guru
If you have a smartphone, put an app on it that allows you to set a pace, or an HR zone. I use Samsung Health, as it came with my phone - the "Endurance Builder" programmes are frustratingly slowly paced, but do get me to slow down. You can create your own programmes too.

I'm not a competitive runner, but two unpaced 5ks (Mon, Wed), followed by a ~10k (Sat) paced by Samsung Health (much slower than even my usual pace) each week generally results in a quicker run on the following Monday for me than 3 unpaced 5ks on Mon, Wed & Sat does.

Interestingly, my plan is essentially
Monday - rest
Tuesday - intervals
Wednesday - easy/recovery
Thursday - longer intevrals
Friday - rest
Saturday - long intervals/Fartlek
Sunday - Longrun

There's a lot of similarity in what you put. The idea is keeping active, but not going mad for pace on those mid-week runs and I have found over the last 6 weeks my pace is (slowly) creeping up.

Top Bottom