Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Trunce #4 this evening
Finished work at 17:00, drove straight down to Oxspring (east of Penistone)
Slightly better start, but still queuing at the kissing gate
Very warm, & maybe walked slightly earlier on the hill/approach to the quarry steps
Slipped in the (river) Don, at the second crossing & got a nice cool bath

Had a couple of the Medical Photographers, from work, turn up
Mick is a regular & brought Jenna, one of his staff

Damned hot, humid, sticky evening

Tin Pot

Guru
Any of you use Stravafor running?

I ran 5k today and hit stop at 27:something, when it uploaded to Strava it said 4.7k and 26:something.

stephec

Legendary Member
Strava seems to round down as it only works to one decimal place.

On Sunday a 3.19 mile run recorded on a Garmin only showed on Strava as 3.1 miles.

It's a bit sad but I always try to stop my watch when the second decimal place is either a 1or 2. :smile:

Tin Pot

Guru
I wondered if it was removing distance, and time, based on the privacy circle of your start location.

It seems ridiculous to cut time off a recorded run.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I wondered if it was removing distance, and time, based on the privacy circle of your start location.

It must be a grumpy thing; I too upload data to Garmin Connect which in turn feeds Strava. Somewhere on Strava it does say their algorithms round down, so if going for one of their targets of, say, a 10k challenge, you are advised to run 10.1k before hitting the button. I ran a 10k race a couple of weekends ago, jogged on past the tunnel and round the corner, well in excess of 10.1, but it still came up as 9.9km on Strava. Our parkrun regularly comes up as 4.9km on Strava.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
First run after a couple of weeks off. 27 minutes in total, over 5km, with the pacing done by Samsung Health. Stupidly slow for too long, and then uncomfortably fast right before the cool down. Don't think I'll do that one again.

Trunce #4 this evening
Given a poor start, & having to pass a lot, and queue (albeit keeping moving) at the 'kissing gate', & the 'bath' in the Don, I guess I'm reasonably happy with a 146th/331 @ 37:30
Doubt I'll ever trouble my (31:03) PB again. but it would be nice to be able to get back to a 'sub 34'

Damned hot, humid, sticky evening
I, rather foolishly felt like running to work this morning
Ached a bit when I got there, but coming home (leaving @ 17:00) was a horribly sticky/warm trip

flatflr

Guru
Was tempted by the local 10km race this morning but made the decision to get a ride in (44 miles) to make the most of the weather before it rained. Back from the ride with no rain appearing I decided to get a run in, managed 7 1/2 miles off road which felt good. Pleased with that after the morning ride:smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

deffo not privacy circle related btw. Mine is huge but isn't centred on my home.. If I post a regular 5km circular run to Bookface, from Strava, the map shows a point-to-point run of about 3km, but it still shares the right, rounded down to one decimal place, numbers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom